“Pleasant Stay”
Review of Real Inn Mexicali

Real Inn Mexicali
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Mexicali
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I spent two nights at the Crown Plaza in Mexicali. The hotel was clean and comfortable and i felt safe being a woman travelling with a female colleague. The staff really did their very best and it showed. The breakfast buffet was very good. See if you can get the buffet included in your stay, its worth it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank AmesFL

Reviewed September 21, 2009

This was my second time at this hotel. This time I was alone without the benefit of a Spanish speaker, but it almost did not mater. The 3 different people I spoke to behind the counter spoke good English. The only problem I had was having breakfast in that the waitress spoke just a little English. Getting to the table was easy, I had to guess on her Spanish when she asked if I wanted coffee and/or Orange juice. It was as awkward moment when she asked me to fill out a customer review card and waited ‘til I complete it – strange but cost me nothing and must have benefited her somehow.

I was told this is one of the best hotels in Mexicali from one of my cousins who works in the city. I believe him as this was the second place I’ve stayed in when visiting Mexicali. Marble or travertine flooring was in the large lobby.

The internet was not free like I like it to be when I travel. But, they were accommodating when it was after 10 pm when I came in and wanted to use the Internet, but it was closed & read so on a sign on the door. They opened the internet room after hours and I had to pay per minute, but was not expensive and was fast – about 1.5 mb/s download.

I was surprised by the price of hotel. Happy!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank calfencer
Reviewed July 7, 2007

This was my second or third stay at the Crowne Plaza in Mexicali and to be honest despite the problems I encountered there this trip whenever I'm in that part of the world on business I'll always stay there.

The rooms are very nice but a little dated. I was actually in a room in which I had to request a change. The room smelled of smoke and the room wasn't nicely kept. The front desk personnel are more than accomodating.

I have to say that I love the breakfast buffet at this hotel. The prices may be a little expensive for some, but, for me it is worth the price. There is a pool and a small gym in the basement which is decent. enough.

I did have some problems this time which I have not had in the past, but over all the experience is still worth coming back again.

Don't make a phone call to the States from there or you'll pay an arm and leg. Also there is no hotel gift shop on the premises. But it's a very lovely hotel and the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Nesher
Reviewed December 17, 2006

This is a very nice hotel with a staff that goes out of its way to make your stay comfortable. They also make you feel welcome.

Their breakfast buffet is very good.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank OHi0Traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
calexico, ca
Reviewed December 12, 2005

This hotel is the best in mexicali, i like the rooms and the service. The staff was very helpfull and profesional.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2004

Room was above average. The service was excellent and the food was very good. The rooms were quiet and surprisingly clean. My only problem with Crowne Plaza is that it is a bit expensive for Mexicali where the average income is $350 per month and you're paying an average of $140 per night. All in all, a hotel I would recommend.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2004

I think the Crowne Plaza Holiday Inn is one of the nicest hotels in Mexicali. I have not stayed there, but I was born in Mexicali and lived in Calexico/border city for about 19yrs. I have only been to the Crowne plaza for their restaurants, bars and special events and to this day I can say they have the best service in Mexicali. They really do take care of you. I have dealt with many of the employees there and their managers, and they have all been excellent. I once stayed at the Lucerna hotel and the service there is not as great as is it at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

6  Thank LGGonzalez