“Excellent for business”

Holiday Inn Leon - Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Leon
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed one night. AC works great. no noise. They have the executive level, with some refreshments. At check in they offer good discounts to use at their restaurant. Good parking area.
Friendly staff at all time

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank o c
Crowne Plaza L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leon - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear O C

We appreciate the time taken to write your opinion about our hotel,is very gratifying to know that, we meet their expectations and his stay was really enjoyable, the continuous improvement and we are working to always be your best option to stay. Sincerely Corina Servin, Hotel Holiday Inn Centro de Convenciones.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Nice room, clean and well appointed, with good satellite reception and wi-fi. Breakfast was unbelievable. Help was courteous and helped us in finding our way about the city. There is plenty of free parking. Walking distance to some of the best leather shops in Mexico.

Room Tip: Higher floors have pleasant view of the city lights.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowne Plaza L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leon - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Hi, GerryYakima_WA

Thank you for your recent stay with us.
We appreciate the positive comments and we are pleased that you liked our location.
We continuously strive to improve the hospitality we offer and comments from our guests are always welcome.We know you have several choices when it comes to lodging and we hope that you continue to take into account in their future travel. Sincerely Corina Servin Guest Relations Hotel Holiday Inn Centro de Convenciones, Leon, Mexico.

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a business trip during the SAPICA conference in April. I read many, many reviews as I had never traveled to Mexico before. I will admit I was a little nervous. The ride from the airport was fine - didn't know they offered a free shuttle as the other reviewer stated! That will save us $30 next time! The front desk was a bit slow and lines were long, but probably due to other conference attendees. The breakfast buffet was pretty awesome and I have eaten at so many places it's hard for me to be impressed by food, but I will say for "hotel food" I was impressed by their quality and selection. It was the highlight of the day! Traditional Mexican fare, and some American food tossed in. Rolls, fresh fruit, coffee too. Waiters were attentive - they don't harass you or ignore you like in the states typically - they bring your food, and buzz around the room clearing, bussing and refilling your glass when they see that it's empty. The bellhop was a sweet young student who spoke good English and directed us of where to go when we left the hotel property. He was friendly and helpful! Everything else here was fine - rooms were CLEAN and comfortable and that's pretty darned good when you're in Leon, Guanajuato! We walked everywhere- to the Poliforum, leather market, park, supermarket, McDonalds (okay we broke down one time during our 5 day stay for a Big Mac!) ;-) All in all good value and good experience!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank TravelingTingle
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had a nice 3 day stay here, after a 20 minute ride from the airport. Airports small but efficient, no problems arriving or leaving.

Room was ok, a view of the city from my 5th floor room, bit aged in the romm, but a magnificent satelite system w/over 400 channels. Comfortable bed and pillows and the BR had all necessary ammenities, hot water wwhen needed, with excellent maid service.

The elevator was a bit slow.
Free business center on the 2nd floor, but 2 of the 4 pc's didn't work & no printer.

Inside pool, I didn't use, but others did , I oberved, throughout the day.

I ate breakfast 2x in the restaurant, $160 pesos, quite good, all-inclusive.

Walked one day, 10 mins away, to the leather center, go north, for incredible, cheaply priced, high quality goods.

The ONE thing that was BAD, was the front desk; no care or concern about anything.Did their jobs ok, but not as much as a smile, except for Luisa, who was excellent, so , if I had to go to the desk, made sure she was there. Management needs to train these folks on customer relations.

Room Tip: Ask for something not facing the avenue, my business companion had a room facing the street on 3rd f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2012

It was fine. Not much to complain about, but somebody else was paying for it so it's hard for me to be critical. My room had a sliding glass door facing the courtyard, which was excellent.
The buffet breakfast was pretty outstanding for a steam table set up. The more interesting stew/mole kind of dishes were based on large chunks of meat, including one that was pork in morita/crema salsa, which was excellent. So not a lot there for non meat eaters but there was decent fresh fruit and some gringo style breakfast food as well.

The neighborhood to the north of the hotel is not outstanding, unless about 1,000 shoe stores in 10 square blocks is your thing. It's close to the bus station, which was handy for taking a little day trip over to Guanjuato.

The street behind the hotel has been recently renovated with a central bike/walking path, and if one gets on that in the direction of the church spires, one will arrive in the centro historico in a little while.

I was there to play a couple of concerts in the Teatro Bicentenario, which is just a pleasant 10 minute walk away, so for this purpose the hotel is situated ideally.

Room Tip: I was in 101 and I thought it was about as good as it could get.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ektarama
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband didn't use a secure sight to book this hotel and used his card at the desk and now someone at that hotel is using his card weekly, he doesn't pay much attention to the account so by the time he noticed they used almost $ 500.00. All the people that worked there were nice he was buffaloed

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I am a regular business traveler, and it has been a long time since I did not feel the lack of interest from a staff in a Hotel. It is not jus the hotel has bad design a quality materials that bother me, but it is the fact that when I needed help, or my problem solved, their attitud was "that just the way it is".
If you are coming to Leon, better stay at the Radisson, Fiesta Americana or any other hotel. specilly if you need a fast internet connection: they do not have it, and they do not care...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business