Holiday Inn Leon
$78
HolidayInn.com
$75
CrownePlaza.com
Real de Minas Express Hotel(Leon)(Great Value!)
$36
Hacienda San Cristobal(San Francisco del Rincon)
$66
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
$64
$61
Priceline
Howard Johnson Leon Avenida(Leon)(Great Value!)
$58
$32
$54
$47
Travelocity
All reviewsone nightwalking distancepielzonaleathermexicostadiumoptionguanajuato
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, and the people were friendly, but the hotel needs some serious maintenance. The A/C in my room didn't work, and filled up with bugs when I opened the window for fresh air. It was noisy due to being right on the main street. I did NOT receive a wakeup call, and the clock was wired into the wall and switched off when I turned the light off!!! Two out of three computers in the business center died when I was on one. The exercise room was a joke. The weight machine could not be adjusted, and was set only for about 40 lbs. The treadmills were worn out. The only good thing about this hotel was that it is directly across the street from the leather disctrict.

Room Tip: Get one in the back of the hotel, so the street noise doesn't keep you awake!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leon, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Michael M,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I was scheduled to stay there three nights, checked out after the second. I should have trusted my instincts and not even checked in.

First impressions:
I arrived at the hotel later in the evening - after 10:30 pm. Arriving at the front entrance, there were 2 "working girls" sitting on the bench at the front entrance. When I checked in the girls came into the hotel and had a conversation with the concierge. Businesses such as this that are permitted to enter the hotel put guest at risk.

My room:
My normal security check for a room is to make sure window and door locks are operational. While the window locked securely, the door was very loose, moving about 1/2 inch forward and back. While the two additional locks will secure the door, one can only wonder what could have cause the door to be this loose in the first place? It also required me to do additional checks when I exited the room to ensure the latch was secure. When you leave a room, you cannot secure the interior locks, leaving you to wonder how secure your belongings really are or who could be in your room when you return?

Stairs, elevators and garages:
The elevator and stair in the hotel was not monitored by hotel staff nor did it require a room key to operate or access. The parking garage is directly under the hotel. If a person enters the parking garage they have access to the entire hotel! This places all guest at increased risk! Not a good thing when staying in a country with high security warnings!

Robbery of another guest:
The reason that I finally said enough and left!
In the middle of the day the room next to me was robbed with a guest in the room. The guest had answered the door when a person said they were there to fix the cable. The guest was bound and robbed at knife point.

Hotel reaction:
None
They hung up on the guest 5 times when she called for help
They did not contact the police
Police were finally contacted by another guest

This is not a reflection of all Holiday Inn hotels. I have stayed at a lot and find them to be above and beyond this one. This is a poor reflection of a very good chain.

Room Tip: Poor security - Holiday Inn will not help you if things go bad
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Billster_NY
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Our choice since it was located directly across the avenue from the entrance to the Zona Piel. Having stayed in hotels that were converted haciendas the previous nine nights, we were ready for a modern motel with good lighting and some other amenities which tend to spoil us. The hotel lacked charm but then again we didn't expect any. Rooms were large, clean and very comfortable. We did feel that the room rates after all added taxes where a bit high but then again, Leon is an industrial business center.

If headed for Leon to do some leather shopping the location cannot be beat and it is a short walk to carry loaded back to your room!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 324neilc
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We had the greatest stay in this particular hotel!. We had traveled abroad to many countries and all over the USA and must say that we were treated so great at this hotel and accomodations were so good that we wanted to let others know. We are eager to make arrangements to go back and hopefully stay in same room (hope current staff happens to stil be employed), but also sure hotel employs the best.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Hotel was any typical Holiday Inn...this is located in a busy section of Leon, close to the leather district for shopping and food. A market is across the street to stock up on bottled water and tequilla and food/snacks if interested.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends