See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2018

My wife and my self stayed only one night so our stay was not long.
I can only say the building was old and needed maintenance but had an old charm to it.
The carpets and bathrooms needed refurbishing but overall the guest room we had was clean and comfortable and we slept soundly. Do not stay here if you want Hi-tech and modern the place is old and even a little rundown.The restaurant is delicious and the staff very friendly. We had a delicious breakfast to start our day.

Date of stay: May 2018
Lucia G, Gerente at Hotel Leon, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

We appreciate your comments, currently the hotel is under renovation to offer a better experience for our guests.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

There is a well known restaurant at leon hotel for its famous Chile enogado.
A chile fillet with minced meat and a special souce based on walnut, specias and pomgranade topping.
A must if you are in leon guanajuato.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was visiting friends in Leon Mexico this past weekend and needed to a relatively inexpensive spot to stay. I booked the Junior Suite because it was a pretty decent price, but it didnt have the look and feel of the sort of "Junior Suites" I was used to seeing here in the states. It is an older building, but didnt have a run down feeling to it. The staff was pretty accommodating with holding our luggage and letting me check in a bit earlier than the 3pm check in time.

The room overlooked one of the streets on Downtown Leon, but wasnt took loud at night which was a plus. My only real complaint about this hotel was that the bed was fairly hard and was a little hard to sleep on. We were able to get extra pillows to make it a bit more comfortable though. There is a restaurant and bar there as well. I wasn't able to try the food there, but the hotel is connected to a large plaza in downtown that is filled with many food and drink options.

Room tip: I was on 3rd floor facing Downtown Leon.
Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank Jahkeim C
Reviewed March 27, 2011

If you're looking for a decent inexpensive place to stay, this is your place. It's an older building, but it has its charms. It's a great value and an excellent location right on the zocalo.

Even if you don't stay at the Hotel, try their restaurant. A long time favorite of locals, the food is superb. If you happen to come in late summer or fall be sure to try their chile enogadas.

While this is not a five star place, it has character. I found it clean and experienced a friendly staff.

Date of stay: November 2010
5  Thank Mike H
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I arrived to this hote because a local friend recommended it to me. At the beginning the service was great from the employees and I could said we had a decent stay but at the end everythign dissappear as we left our luggage secure in the lobby reception and we discover someone of the employees STOLE my itouch and my fiance's mobile.
Very cheeky and disapointed. All the people there seems to be nice but when come the time to face th problems they just DO NOTHING. That happen over a month ago ans its still miself the one calling them...jokers
I WOULDNT BE BACK THERE EVEN FOR FREE