“Underdone Chiken, dirty place and expensive.”
Review of El Braserio

El Braserio
Ranked #45 of 449 Restaurants in Leon
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We arrive to this restaurant looking for a good local Mexican food but we experimented our worst cooking food in our lives, the chicken comes underdone, the waitress are so bad never available to serve, never recommend any dish from the menu of course because doesn't know what they have, the place are dirty table covers spread with residues from last costumer and bread pieces on chairs.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visited this restaurant on New Years Day of 2014. It has a nice decor and the serving staff had nice outfits. We arrived at 7:40 and they were reluctant to let us in since they said they closed at 8 o'clock. We told them we would eat quickly. Ordered a drink and then were told that we could have steaks or steaks. They didn't even give us the prices or a menu.

The steak itself was quite delicious but it only came with tortillas, some soupy beans and a bed of onion underneath. No vegetables or potato or anything else.

We asked for steak knives and the one I got was no sharper than a butter knife.

All through the meal the waiter seemed indifferent, resentful and perhaps passive aggressive. We are Canadians but speak passable Spanish and tried to interact with him.

Each time he came near me he reached across me rather than serving from the side which most waiters learn the first day on the job. He seemed to be more interested in b.s. ing with the boys at the bar and flirting with the female waitress than giving us attention.

Quite a few others were allowed to come in after us. After the meal my wife asked for a coffee and was told they don't serve it there. But, they had every kind of booze you can think of. I mean a fairly big restaurant on a main drag in an area of several decent hotels doesn't have coffee?

I had debated not leaving a tip but when it came time to pay he wanted the tip included on my credit card. I told him 10% which would have been 40 pesos. After the bill was signed for without seeing the amount we noticed he had helped himself to a 47 peso tip.

We like this city and intend to come back but needless to say we will not come to this place again. He may be the one bad apple here but unfortunately he represents this place and turned us off. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This place was nice and the food was ok, but the quality seemed to be in question. Either the kitchen prep was sorry, or they rewind left overs and present them well. I did not eat a lot, but a few smells got me twisted. The prices are a bit high for this area, but with some economic upsurge because of the car plants being built, places like this are tourist kissers who basically alienate locals who know better. Bottom line is a decent meal, but not worth the price.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very pleasant place to eat. The service was excellent, the chilies en nogada were the best we have had, the salsa was ground at the table and was spot on to what we asked her to make. The place is very pretty and the outdoor areas are large and comfortable. We look forward to going back as soon as possible.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you are with a group and need separate bills, make sure to ask the waiter BEFORE placing your order . . . otherwise you will wait for ages while the combined bill is divided up.