New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Leon
Orem, Utah
“Nice American Feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were in Leon to visit the surrounding area over several days. The hotel is located in a nice/modern part of town with a mall nearby with nice restaurants and enjoyable outdoor dining. The hotel is very nice. Not extravagant, but safe, clean, modern, and enjoyable. The staff was very attentive and courteous. The buffet breakfast was great each morning and priced in line with what you pay at other hotels. Business center was good. There was free wi-fi in the rooms that worked great. The exercise facility was average. They provided valet parking. Only issue we had was that we were in a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor and on the 4th day there was a strong cigarette odor in the hall and in our room coming from the AC. I think this is probably the best hotel in the Leon area. The national soccer team was staying there our last night, which made it a little crazy at the entrance with fans gathered around, but overall this would be the hotel I would return to if in the area again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here in December while in Leon on business and the hotel was very nice. The lobby is clean and very modern as were the rooms. The front desk staff did not speak as much English as I thought they would, but we were certainly able to communicate as my Spanish is very limited. The pool area (I didnt use it but the elavators have glass windows so I viewed it going up to my room) looked ultra modern and nice. The rooms were spacious and nice; the bathroom, while having onyl a shower, was very nice as the shower was large and made of marble. There were many US television stations from which to choose which was a nice departure from my last visit to Leon. An interesting note, the room key has to be inserted in a slot on the hallway wall to make the lights stay on - it would have been nice for the front desk to advise of that. I appreciate the ecological impact of that as this is a LEED hotel. I did not eat at the Japanese style restaurant but a few colleagues did and they said it was very good. I did think it strange though that the room service menu was only sushi as I had expected a few Mexican dishes and was uncomfortable getting sushi for room service.
I needed a taxi for my return trip to the airport and the hotel set it up for me and he was there right on time. Thay also put the taxi charge on the room which was a nice feature. All in all a very nice hotel and I wills tay there again when I return in a few months.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've stayed here a few times and I can't really say a bad thing about it. It is located in the best part of the city, rooms are clean and new, I've eaten at the restaurant for breakfast and their Mexican buffet is always good. I've ordered room service from their japanese restaurant and the food is incredible and at a very reasonable price. I've gone to their spa and it is great, especially their prices, you can't beat a 40 min full body massage for $ 350 Mexican Pesos (about $25 dollars!).
It is definitely the hotel of choice for my business trips to Leon. The gym is not bad but I think it needs more free weights and new treadmills.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I decided upon this hotel as it was the closest to where I needed to be for business, and it didn't disappoint! Though I would imagine if you wanted to do the tourist stuff it's location wouldn't be for you.

Clean, modern, well appointed rooms .... mine beautifully dressed and cleaned by Erica, very attentive dining staff, enjoyed the food, great mexican breakfast buffet, and the ladies at reception were super helpful.

Be aware some of the taxi drivers have no idea where this hotel is, so have the address and a map printed out for them.... but that was the only downside I found.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out of the hotel, those that overlook the atrium are much warmer.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Colleyville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed here for business and was very disappointed in the food quality especially room service menu. Comfortable but service overall was really lacking.

Room Tip: Upper floor is better but all windows face inside atrium.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Leon, Gto, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear MAXWILLDESIGN,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. We are happy that you found the room comfortable. We are sorry you were not 100% satisfied with the hotel staff service and food options. I truly value your comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you soon.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Its kind of a full circle for me. My first business travel was in a priority club affliated hoted in Niles ohio, where i received the best customer services. Stayed faithful for 10 years with this chain cause of this.. I think I finally met the hotel that will cause me never to stay at this chain again. This is a nice hotel, but unfortunaltey the management just doesnt care. Various stays with various problems, with a managment staff that doesnt even apologies. Its really your fault is their answer. Ive stayed a total of 240 nights at this hotel, with my staff staying way above that, but we will be looking for a different place going foward. My advice for business travelers, look elsewhere the headaches and non responsiveness of the management staff is just not worith it. If the chain wantsto contact me, I will be more than happy to them. I've tried talkign to the staff here, but they just dont even care to hear it..

Room Tip: Pay for it, just like comments below.. loyal customers are never upgraded.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank lwestrada
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Leon, Gto, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
lwestrada,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leon, Mexico. I am so sorry to see the service was below expectations. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Leon.

Ben J
IHG Care
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for business. The hotel is nice (even though there were some broken security doors and ice machines), but the service is definitely lacking.

I had to request a room upgrade when I noticed that my traveling companion had a nicer room. This is an issue because I'm a member of their Rewards program, but the traveling companion is not. When asking, the Front Desk clerk was rude and defensive.

The food was mediocre and lacked selection. Don't order any steaks as they're horribly prepared.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank 10CJM77
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Leon, Gto, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear 10CJM77,

Thank you for writing your review, The feedback we receive is very valuable. I'm very sorry to hear the service you received was not satisfactory. we do our best to upgrade our Priority Club members when upgrades are available. I apologize if there were not any available at the time of your stay. You comments about the food quality will be passed on the our food and beverage department. These comments let them know where they can improve. Once again thank you for your review and I hope to see you again.

Katie J