“Excellent business hotel”

Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Leon
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent business hotel”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I decided upon this hotel as it was the closest to where I needed to be for business, and it didn't disappoint! Though I would imagine if you wanted to do the tourist stuff it's location wouldn't be for you.

Clean, modern, well appointed rooms .... mine beautifully dressed and cleaned by Erica, very attentive dining staff, enjoyed the food, great mexican breakfast buffet, and the ladies at reception were super helpful.

Be aware some of the taxi drivers have no idea where this hotel is, so have the address and a map printed out for them.... but that was the only downside I found.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out of the hotel, those that overlook the atrium are much warmer.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed here for business and was very disappointed in the food quality especially room service menu. Comfortable but service overall was really lacking.

Room Tip: Upper floor is better but all windows face inside atrium.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Leon, Gto, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear MAXWILLDESIGN,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. We are happy that you found the room comfortable. We are sorry you were not 100% satisfied with the hotel staff service and food options. I truly value your comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you soon.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Its kind of a full circle for me. My first business travel was in a priority club affliated hoted in Niles ohio, where i received the best customer services. Stayed faithful for 10 years with this chain cause of this.. I think I finally met the hotel that will cause me never to stay at this chain again. This is a nice hotel, but unfortunaltey the management just doesnt care. Various stays with various problems, with a managment staff that doesnt even apologies. Its really your fault is their answer. Ive stayed a total of 240 nights at this hotel, with my staff staying way above that, but we will be looking for a different place going foward. My advice for business travelers, look elsewhere the headaches and non responsiveness of the management staff is just not worith it. If the chain wantsto contact me, I will be more than happy to them. I've tried talkign to the staff here, but they just dont even care to hear it..

Room Tip: Pay for it, just like comments below.. loyal customers are never upgraded.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank lwestrada
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Leon, Gto, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
lwestrada,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leon, Mexico. I am so sorry to see the service was below expectations. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Leon.

Ben J
IHG Care
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for business. The hotel is nice (even though there were some broken security doors and ice machines), but the service is definitely lacking.

I had to request a room upgrade when I noticed that my traveling companion had a nicer room. This is an issue because I'm a member of their Rewards program, but the traveling companion is not. When asking, the Front Desk clerk was rude and defensive.

The food was mediocre and lacked selection. Don't order any steaks as they're horribly prepared.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank 10CJM77
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Leon, Gto, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear 10CJM77,

Thank you for writing your review, The feedback we receive is very valuable. I'm very sorry to hear the service you received was not satisfactory. we do our best to upgrade our Priority Club members when upgrades are available. I apologize if there were not any available at the time of your stay. You comments about the food quality will be passed on the our food and beverage department. These comments let them know where they can improve. Once again thank you for your review and I hope to see you again.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Leon, MX for one week.

Room: My room accommodations where satisfactory.

Food/Room Service: I have no complaints about the meals I ate there (I didn’t try their sushi restaurant so I cannot speak for that). My Spanish is quite poor but I had little trouble finding someone who could speak enough English to understand my requests.

Other: The only complaint I have is that my room key frequently didn’t work. In one week I went through three key cards.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Mexico City
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Good locaton in one of Leon's nicest areas, just by the Plaza Mayor mall, near cinemas and restaurants. Architecture is not that great but it feels new and clean. Breakfast buffet at a good price and good variety of mexican food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This hotel is simple and clean but, nothing particularly special. I found the location to be inconvenient for traveling around the area. The reservations were not done correctly, mixed up names in the party and the front desk was not particularly helpful or friendly. Service was a bit slow at the restaurant but, the food was pretty good. Overall, I don't see any reason to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business