“A Little Piece of Heaven”
Bell tent Toasting s'mores
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Bell tent
Toasting s'mores
Bell tents from the meadow
Beautiful scenery
Telegraph review
Hampers available on request
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jonesholl...
Chichester, United Kingdom
“A Little Piece of Heaven”
Reviewed August 29, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

So the Glamping adventure was completely new to me and I have to say I was a little apprehensive. Not only were we going to be sleeping outside but I was travelling with my 8 year old daughter and my parents! However, as soon as we arrived any fears of "Carry on Camping" I had were instantly gone. The site itself had somehow managed to find the perfect balance of secluded and accessible at the same time. Driving into what I am now referring to as my little piece of heaven, we were met by the owners. We were given a tour of the site, toilets, the HOT SHOWERS, the onsite kitchen facility, chill out room and of course our stunning bell tent. My daughter at this point had already found someone to play with and she was off playing in the chill out tent. Mum and I though were in awe of our BEAUTIFUL Bell tent, Fresh White linen on the double bed and two single air beds, rose petals, twinkle lights, books to read, and a gorgeous poncho laid out on what would be my daughters bed. This was 5* glamping I am sure of it. Outside our tent we had 2 chairs supplied, with a table and possibly one of my favorite touches, an individual fire pit with swinging grill. We settled in quite quickly, making use of the shared Kitchen so I could make us a cup of tea. They had literally thought of everything even offering a multi charger for I phones - granted I didn't look at my phone once :-) I can honestly say that this was one of the best holidays I have ever been on with my little one. It was family friendly with various activities available to children of all ages including a scavenger hunt, and access to the farm in the morning so you could feed the animals. As well as great for the adults with the masseuse there and my favorite aspect the Gin Bar which offered cocktails and prosecco at a reasonable price :-) I sat there in the evening with other campers round the campfire with smores and a prosecco to accompany the amazing sunset and night sky unaffected by light pollution. As I said this truly was a little piece of heaven!!! Thank you so much to Nicky and Rachel who made our stay memorable for all the right reasons :-)

Jen G
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“Lovely tents and great hosts”
Reviewed August 23, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a lovely four nights at this site. Our bell tent was gorgeous with fairy lights and even rose petals on the bed! Rachel and Nicky were brilliant organising mini bingo, afternoon tea and marshmallows over a campfire for the kids. We went with one 8 year old child who had a brilliant time thanks to the set up of the tents in a circle in the field. All the kids just mixed together and he made lots of new friends. Great pub 10 minute walk does amazing pizza.

Would recommend for families wanting the camping experience but with a lovely bed

SallyAust...
“The best glamping site I've ever been to - amazing attention to detail and lots of fun.”
Reviewed August 17, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Just back from a wonderful weekend of Glamping at Canvas and Stars and I honestly don't know where to start with my praise - I won't apologise for the long review though as every word is meant. You can tell from my review history that I don't write many of them, I think we should all expect a certain level of service as the norm so for someone to get me to shout about them they have to be exemplary and really go the extra mile - which is exactly what the ladies did at Canvas and Stars.
The site itself is absolutely beautiful and the bell tents so well-spaced out that you can choose to chat to the neighbours, but you also don't feel rude if you're just relaxing with a book in the sunshine. The tents themselves are lovely, really bright and airy with lots of room and a VERY comfortable bed. The little extra touches like homemade flapjacks in your tent, a chalkboard with your name on it, a welcome book with details of things you can do and about the area, petals on the bed, fairy lights around the bed (so it's never too dark unless you want it to be!) and even little bedside tables with an array of books - the ladies running Canvas and Stars really have thought of everything and nothing was too much trouble for them over the weekend (including a complementary paper on the Saturday morning).
The chill out area (where I'd pre-booked a massage with Becky for the Saturday - which was a perfect way to relax) was brilliant, although we were lucky with the weather I can see it would be really useful if it did rain, lots of games and lots to do both inside and out. They also had a dining and cooking tent (separate to the chill out tent) with a fridge, freezer and all the crockery and cutlery you'll need – along with complimentary tea and coffee. It has 3 big gas burning rings if you decide you don't want to cook on your personal firepit/BBQ which you also have right outside your tent. The children there seemed to LOVE the fancy dress rail and make up area too, and the space-hoppers looked like a lot of fun!
We brought our wood and fire-lighting kit for both nights on site (only £8.50 for 2 big bags of wood and firelighters, kindling etc.) and they even sell little S'mores kits....yep, I had no idea what a 'S'more' was either but they are now one of my favourite treats - toasted marshmallow squidged between 2 chocolate digestives - yummy!
There's plenty to do while you're there and lots of room to do it in, they have a farm where you can go and feed the animals in the morning, or enough room in the field for a game of rounders or hide and seek. There are a couple of local pubs which we heard were very good (although we just stayed on site and enjoyed the Gin Van which came on the Friday and Saturday night serving some lovely gins and cocktails, it really brought people together sitting on the straw bales listening to music and having a sing-song - sore head on Saturday which is why the massage was much needed!).
The showers are hot, clean and never appeared to be that busy which was lovely, and the extra little touches in the toilets like flowery bunting and proper vanity mirrors were great (and proper luxury toilet roll too!).
All in all we had a fantastic break, we loved that atmosphere, we loved the people and we loved the whole experience, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Aug 21, 2017
Thank so much for such a lovely review...we really appreciate all of your comments and appreciate your feedback.
KB5905
London, United Kingdom
“Good”
Reviewed August 14, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Wish there was a good category.... tents, site, and all the lovely extras like flapjacks, ponchos, communal tent, chill tent and visiting gin bar and food truck all fantastic (although portions from the independent food truck need to be twice the size or half the price & gin bar is pub prices which is hefty when you could bring your own and most campers do). Service from Nicky & Rachel fantastic.

All that lets it down is lack of power. There appeared to be generator problems the weekend we stayed which meant that there was nowhere to charge phones, and fridge/freezer not working which made it impossible to store food or ice blocks without serious risk of food poisoning. That said had generator been working power sockets and fridge/freezer only on 10am-4pm. Please consider leaving it on so that good can be stored safely & ice blocks frozen overnight. Unfortunately these two factors make it a camping rather than glamping trip.

Other factor is the showers and wash facilities in the 'glamp' site. These are all a walk across two fields in the main Hale Farm campsite and although portaloos are lovely there is no running water to wash hands & grubby faces without walking across the field....something our grubby kids never did!

We'd love to come back but would need these issues fixed to justify the cost I fear. Thanks for a fab stay though....we did have a great time.

rachel_es...
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxed weekend glamping with added gin bus”
Reviewed July 22, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

This new glamping site is set on a farm in the countryside in East Sussex, about 30 mins from Lewes. The tents are lovely, very clean, spacious and well decorated and the bed is very comfortable. There is a fire pit outside the tent and the kitchen tent has pretty much everything you might need. There are 2 pubs a short walk away approx 10-15 mins, I would especially recommend The Gun, great food including takeaway pizzas and has a large terrace / garden for the summer. You can go and visit the farm animals - the pygmy goats are gorgeous! The highlight has to be the gin bus that visited both nights with a selection of G&T's and cocktails. Very helpful hosts who stayed for the weekend if you need anything. Great weekend

Jul 22, 2017
Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are so pleased you had a lovely time. You are welcome anytime.
Emma S
“Thank you for an amazing stay!”
Reviewed July 9, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

From start to finish our whole stay was amazing, such a beautiful setting amongst stunning countryside, a great place for rest and relaxation. They have everything you need, from breakfast hampers, to good quality wine (most important) a chill out tent, and a brilliant kitchen area that has everything you need. The perfect place for a hassle free glamping trip. Everyone should experience this place!

Lee E
“Definately recommended”
Reviewed July 3, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Myself and my family stayed at Canvas and Stars for one night on their openning weekend and were definately not disappointed.
The organisers met us with smiles and welcome gifts and showed us to our beautiful bell tent. This was our first glamping experience and they really did make it memorable.
The tent was clean, spacious and comfortable...beds were devine.
We were also provided with a fire bowl for cooking, although there is a catering marquee with all equipment you should need including fridge, gas burners and all utensils.
The facilities included onsite shower cubicles, his and hers toilets and portaloos that were the best ive ever visited due to decor and little air fresheners.
The grounds are in a meadow field adjescent to a farm which allows feeding of animals for 20p per bag.A short stroll over a stream, through woods and corn fields brings you to a quaint country pub with play area for the kids.
wished we couldve stayed for longer but family commitments meant we could only stay for the night.
Would recomment this to anyone either experienced in camping or first timers looking for a great night under the stars.
Well done ladies...look forward to booking again soon

Jul 5, 2017
It was a pleasure to have you stay. Thank you for your lovely review and we hope to see you again soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing