Bahia de la Luna
Hotel Soroya(Puerto Angel)
$45
Posada Castillo Oasis(Zipolite)(Great Value!)
$16
  • Pool
Hotel Neptuno(Zipolite)
$17
$72
$70
Travelocity
$82
Angel Del Mar(Puerto Angel)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Cordelias(Puerto Angel)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsno hot waterdirt roadcool showeramazing chefsecluded locationsheltered baycevichehanging bedsoaxacan coastspent five nightsslice of paradiseget away from it allother guestssee whalessound of the wavesbeach resortde la luna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2014

While vacationing in Puerto Angel, Mexico, we were fortunate enough to find the Bahia de la Luna - a lovely little hotel nestled on a beautiful secluded beach with a delicious first class restaurant (open venue overlooking the beach). A perfect place to watch the sun set and the moon and stars take over the sky. The road getting down to the beach hideaway is hard to describe (read some of the other reviews), but well worth it. We ate there twice during the week, once sharing a table with the owners George and Lauda. They welcome you as if you were part of the family. The service is excellent. The wine selection decent for Mexico. The ambiance and food - unforgettable. We came back for a second visit that same week - came for the afternoon swim, rented a cabana to nap on, and stayed for another lovely meal. The road down to the beach (it'll cost about 100 pesos from Puerto Angel) i think is part of the charm - adding to the 'hard to get there, but worth with it' out of the way adventure. Next time, we'd definitely check out the rooms and considering staying there at the hotel for a few nights. if you are looking for a totally relaxing, quiet, secluded escape - with sun, beach and great food then be sure not to miss Bahia De La Luna!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KCandSunshineBand
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Bahia de la Luna is a retreat from the pace of life, even for those who live in Mexico. It has seclusion, beauty, good food and warm staff and interesting guests.
There are individual cabins, simple, with thatched roofs, and bathrooms. The water is warm from the sun, but not hot.
The meals were prepared by the resident chef and were delicious. The included breakfast could be varied.
While we were there a giant sea turtle came on shore, made a nest, lead her eggs and disappeared back into the ocean.
There is limited to no wifi so being there is a times to live unwired, unwired and enjoy beauty,sunshine, and each moment.
I was there with my husband and one dear friend.

Room Tip: ask for a room without steps if you have any sort of walking problem
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jjenya
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We just spent a memorable 5 days at this gorgeous, hidden beach resort helping a friend celebrate her birthday. Bahia de la Luna has absolutely everything we needed for a vacation. The rooms are individual palapas. Ours was called Neptuna and was right on the beach at the end of the property which we loved for its slight isolation from the other rooms - but every one of the accommodations had something special to offer. The higher ones had magnificent views. The food is the best we have EVER eaten at a Mexican resort- and we have been to many Mexican resorts all over the country. The beach is wide and sandy, the kayaks are free as is the snorkeling equipment. My biggest concern is always having enough shade and Bahia de la Luna has ample. Finally, unlike several of our experiences on Caribbean islands, the staff is extraordinarily friendly, and speak as much English as is necessary. The lovely American owners, George and Lauda were delightful, interesting hosts who were well informed about local and National politics ( they also have a home in San Miguel). We would send anyone to this resort who wanted a well - priced, relaxing week.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for Neptuna. For a view, any of the higher ones.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank NIcoleLarry
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I kinda don't want to tell anyone about Bahia de la Luna because I want to keep it all to myself. What an amazing place, made even better by the adventure of getting to it. Its secluded at the end of a windy, bendy dirt road but its worth every little bump along the way. This place over delivers on everything that matters - a beautiful beach, comfy beds with great sheets, terrific food, a great bar and really friendly, dedicated staff. I stayed in a bungalow close to the beach with a hammock hanging outside my front door, I took the water taxi over to Puerto Angel for a walk-about, kayaked, ran on the beach and snorkeled. The best part though was just sitting under a "palapa" for hours at a time, snoozing, chatting with people or reading my book. Oh and the stars at night - no light pollution means the most incredible display of stars.

I've seen comments about the fact the place is not plumbed for hot water but here's the thing - the weather is beautiful and you don't need it and I really appreciate Bahia's commitment to the environment. And yes, its a forest/beach so there are occasional creepy crawlys but the beds are encased in super high tech mosquito nets.

I just got back last night and I'm already planning my return!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the bungalows. I stayed in and loved "Urano" (they're all named after planets) and will ask for the same next time.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jreindorp
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Don't be put off by the long bumpy ride from the main road--it's just natural camouflage for one of the last truly unspoiled beaches anywhere. This place is a wonder--a scattering of palapa-topped casita's cluster on the hillside just above the beach. The majestic views from just about anywhere on the property are dazzling. Meals are served outdoors on the patio; breakfast and lunch are simple and delicious, dinner more elaborate. We found it wasn't worth the hassle to go off campus for food (though the Monday market in Pochutla was well worth an excursion). There's no hot water in the shower, no pool, no gym, the internet is iffy, and your cell phone won't work, at least, ours didn't. But the food was inspired and delicious, the tab was disgracefully low, and the staff was unstintingly friendly and helpful. After many beach vacations in Mexico, this was easily the best. We'll be back soon. I'm sorry to tell anyone about this place, but they deserve to be full.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple