“sad to say” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Isla Navidad

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colima
Isla Navidad
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Colima
La Barra de Navidad, Jalisco, Mexico
“sad to say”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

i rented a slip in am arina attached to this hotel. i was promised 5 star service. i was promised 5 star wifi. i was promised a lot.
what i found to be the case-----
security is good. friendly and helpful with tenants of marina. that is good.
s i sail an older mid sized sailboat on a long term basis, i found much bias against me, due to the fact my boat looked like what it did--went on a long trip in an ocean.
that is not a problem i was followed by the staff members into the auto teller booth where i was withdrawing money--that is not acceptable.
i was accused of pumping oil into the marina waters, most inaccurate. i had bottled up all lubricating and fuel oils from my engine and taken them to the pemex for recyclement.
i was advised there is no mail service to the marina. ok
i was advised there is no laundry in the complex.
i was advised there is no water delivery to the marina.
ok.
now i am being advised that there is no one who is able to reset the wifi for the marina tenants.
ok.
and you wish how many stars inyour what kind of review??? these amenities are all thru the hotel.
seems someone FAILED
these are only amenities any marina is offering in mexico..

maybe these folks do not wish to have clients.......

unless this place decides to correct this, i would not recommend this hotel nor the marina to anyone .

by the way--current occupancy is running in hotel and marina less than 30 percent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stay away from this place. Not only are they over priced but a dinner that was to cost around $100 dollars with tip was charged to my Credit card after leaving over $400. I disputed the charge. Received emails and phone calls from the hotel that would not quit. I then wired the correct amount. Then the next week they refilled a credit card charge for a different amount. Now I have to dispute that charge also. These guys are crooks. Cartel..

Room Tip: With so many nice places why worry about your credit card being repeatedly charged after you leave.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Capt_Jeff57078

Travelers are raving about these Colima hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

The hotel itself looks beautiful at first glance. The staff is extremely friendly.
In our room, the hairdryer did not work, and we were unable to retrieve our messages from the telephone as it was malfunctioning. The bed was extremely hard. My husband and I would wake up every morning with a sore back. The Internet connection was very poor to say the least. We paid $60us for Internet for the week and it was not worth the money at all.
The spa has some great girls working there, and you can get a fantastic massage to combat the sore backs from the hard beds. Skip the manicure and pedicure though, as they don't sterilize their equipment properly between clients.
The food is our main issue of concern. There was a lot of cross contamination happening in the restaurants, and it was not surprising that many guests were getting sick. An example of this is in the main buffet, the cook while making fajitas, grabbed raw meat with her bare hands, then proceeded to touch cooked tortillas with the same hand without ever washing, or even wiping her hands. This was just one example of the many examples of improper food handling. We spoke with a manager regarding this issue, and the cooks handling raw meat were then required to wear gloves, however the cross contamination continued. The part that bothered me is that as guests became sick, including ourselves, we were told it was due to guests enjoying too much alcohol, and sun. I however, don't drink, and I stay in the shade well covered.
Another issue we encountered was the lack of understanding of serious food allergies. At one of the restaurants, we told the server about my severe almond allergy. He said none of the desserts contained almonds, however, the dessert I ordered was placed on a bed of marzipan (almond paste). Not knowing what it was at first, since it was so dark out, I took a bite. I immediately recognized what it was and spat it out, but my tongue immediately started to swell. In my case, I knew how to resolve this issue, however someone else may not have been so lucky.
There is really only one town around the hotel. It's across the bay and costs 20 pesos to ride the ferry (worth the ride). The town has very friendly people, and it seems very safe to walk around. Since the town thrives on tourism, prices seem to be quite inflated. You can barter with people, but don't expect to get a great deal.

The pool was the highlight of our stay. It is a very large/long pool connected by two small water slides. It was fun to start at the top and swim the entire length.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Krebsy
Logan, UTAH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2005

Me and my family (mom, son, and my neece) stayed there for 3 nights, 4 days. It was the nicest hotel we ever stayed in! I stayed in the BELLAGIO in Las Vegas, and i thought it was pretty nice, but this blew me away! The food was great, but a little bit expensive. I have no complaints at all, it was beautiful, the staff were always helpful and very friendly at all times.

• Stayed April 2005