“Great”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jane P
Reviewed July 5, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Hotel location was great, right by the ocean. We enjoyed beach. Rooms were clean and the view was auesom.

Maria a
Reviewed May 26, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Our condo was great it was everything that we expected and more Very comfortable and everything we needed was there

patricias...
Mesa, Arizona
“Vacay”
Reviewed February 3, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Very nice had great time. Twin beds short. Furnishings very nice. Sand could be softer. Jacuzzi doesnt work very well but still relaxing. Pool not heated unable to use. Beautiful view

Feb 6, 2017
Thanks for staying at our Penthouse - So glad to hear you had a great time! The twin beds are definitley regular twins and not XL, which typically works okay for kids. And although we can't do anything about the sand, the softness does change dramatically with the tide so that is a big factor :) Thanks again and we hope you visit again! Best wishes!
tikibrumm...
Arizona
“No working hot tub or jacuzzi jets but lovely location”
Reviewed January 4, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Pros -
1. Lovely location with AMAZING views from 2 balconies and 4 windows. Breathtaking.
2. Walking distance to the beach, all but 1 great staff, helpful and friendly staff at the desk and at the gate.
3. Felt safe and secure.
4. Lovely tile.
5. Easy to book, pay, locate, and check in/out.
6. Nice kitchen (quirky appliances but great once deciphered). Very good being able to cook the fresh seafood from the fish market and other finds.
7. Great location - close to restaurants, some shopping, and 2 great fruit drink stands.
8. We were there over New Year's and staff made an effort to make sure we had everything we needed during the times the office was closed (extra towels and soaps). Very nice.
Cons -
1. Owner should have contacted us that the hot tub (primary reason we chose this rather than another rental) doesn't work. Neither does the jetted tub. Staff shared that the hot tub had been broken "For a very long time" and we booked (and prepaid) almost a year in advance. We should have been contacted and offered to switch or to have some compensation (a bottle of wine or a coupon for coffee - some attempt).
2. None of the pools are heated - only the one hot tub and that is not very hot. We attempted to take my 5 year-old swimming in the pool on a warmER day, but the water was colder than the air. Tried to let her warmed back up in the hot tub (really just a warm tub) and security was there in 4 minutes saying that she couldn't be in there (which I get because it's a rule) but then telling me (her mother) that "It's not good for her anyway." The hot tub was nowhere near hot enough to deregulate her temperature, she was in for a few minutes to warm up after being cold in the pool (much more of a stress on a system than a warm bath), and in any case that man should NEVER presume to tell a mother/father what is or isn't good for their child. Hot tubs and kids not being a good mix is an exaggeration based on small bodies (regardless of their age) being in water too hot OR too cold for too long. Seriously exaggerated. SO - tell me it's a rule, but then shrug and leave. We were out of the hot tub (exited when the height restriction was pointed out) before he told me the rest of his opinion. Pools at the next door hotel are heated.
3. Wifi pretty poor on the 5th floor and in any wind at all. We rarely got connection outside the lobby.
4. Friday night is apparently live band night across the street and it is VERYLOUD rather late for families. The rooms on the street side of the condo were intolerably loud and we all had trouble getting to sleep. It was actually louder the Friday night than it was on New Years' Eve! Oh, and the lady/band (who shall remain nameless) should not have been singing half of the songs she attempted. Really bad. (Not the owner's fault but worth noting).
We would rent again but would put the no-sleep Friday at the beginning (rather than the end) of the trip, I would put my daughter in tall swmmie shoes (lifts?) so she can get in the only water warm enough to get in (or also get a day at the neighboring hotel with the heated pool but not as nice as the condo).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views were breathtaking. Location great.
Liked least: No heated pool and serious hot tub restrictions. Very poor wifi.
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway
Jan 21, 2016
Hi Tiki - Thanks for the review! Overall I'm glad that you and your family had a great trip and enjoyed the penthouse. I apprecaite your feedback and wanted to follow up on the upstairs jacuzzi. I truly apologize that it wasn't repaired before your arrival but it was my understanding that it was going to be addressed prior to the holidays. Apparantly some lines got crossed and it wasn't repaired until after your departure. No excuse nonethless, but I wanted to let you know that it has been repaired at this time and I'd like to extend a special offer for you and your family to return on another trip. I just returned from Rocky Point myself and took down brand new patio furniture for the upstairs deck, new dishes, more artwork, and other items to make the penthouse even better! As for some of your other cons, I would definitley recommend considering another time of year to visit when it's warmer and less busy. And finally, I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad encounter with security. Personally, I don't think it's an appropriate part of your review since it seems like a more personal encounter, but I wanted to let you know that I've e-mailed management about the situation so that they are aware of how you felt. Thank you again for staying at the penthouse, you're welcome back anytime and I hope that you'll take me up on my offer. Best wishes!
Terry D
“Beautiful views, but could use some attention to detail”
Reviewed December 29, 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

For the price we paid, you might expect a few amenities to be kept at the condo like dish soap, dish towel, coffee and coffee pot that works properly, working hair dryer, oven that works (we had to call maintenance to turn it off after we broiled something)--, hot tub that works, bedside lamps that work, etc. Just a lot of little things that would have improved our stay immensely. I am not sure the hot tub has EVER worked, since the reviews I read prior to booking also said the hot tub wasn't working? I would rather be told that up front....and also about the additional $80 charge once you arrive on property--this should be noted in the total price before you book. The photo also showed high stools on the balcony upstairs at the table outside--there was one small plastic chair that wasn't tall enough to see over the railing, let alone sit at the table and enjoy a drink or food. So, while small things, they would have made a difference in our level of enjoyment, and would appear to be things that if someone were paying attention, could be easily remedied. If they above mentioned items are addressed, I would recommend it to a friend. Otherwise, for that price, you could probably find something similar elsewhere with all the amenities one would expect.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jan 21, 2016
Hi Terry - Thanks for staying at the penthouse and for your review. I wanted to follow up and address a few key items for you and correct a few others as well.
1. Dish soap and dish towels are provided. They are located under the kitchen sink.
2. Coffee is not provided due to sanitation issues (Same reason that no seasonings or condiments are provided either), however, I will definitley note that in the listing so other guests are aware. As for the coffee pot - It worked for me last weekend. Nobody has ever said otherwise, but I'll have managment check it out nonetheless.
3. Thanks for the info about the oven, we had an appliance tech go out and the oven has been resolved!
4. The Jacuzzi on the top deck has worked for years but encountered issues recently. It was suppose to be resolved prior to the holidays which is why you weren't informed. Unfortunitely lines were crossed and the jacuzzi was not fixed until after your departure. It has since been addressed and is in good working order. I sincerely apologize for the incoinvence.
5. The $80 is clearly stated within my listing. It's also noted that it's paid separate from flipkey. And it's also in the confirmation e-mail that I send upon booking. Please make sure you read everything carefully before booking.
6. When I was there last weekend I took down brand new patio furntiure: A large bartop table with six chairs, and two large white lounge chairs as well. Please check out the new photos added to see the improvements!
7. For the price you paid while visiting over the holidays, I guarantee you wouldn't find anything else better in Rocky Point. We work hard to keep the penthouse the best it can be, but things happen... Items break... Delays occur. I appreciate your understanding and assure you that everything has been remedied and resolved. I welcome you back anytime!
sanpy2015
Fontana, California
“Get away from the everyday!”
Reviewed April 19, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I absolutely enjoyed my stay here at the Pinacate... The room was really nice my whole family fell in love with the place and the convenience of all the amenities while on vacation. The only down to this stay was the Jacuzzi being out of commission for our stay. Just like the place looks in the picture is exactly what we got even better in person. Home away from home feel with great view. Will definitely go back in future for another stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great view
Liked least: Beach access
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
Austin G
“Exquisite room with a fantastic view”
Reviewed March 26, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

My group of friends and I had a lovely stay at the Pinacate resort with only a few minor drawbacks. The room is absolutely beautiful, with views of the gulf that are absolutely astounding. The two patios are very relaxing especially with the "hot tub" on the upstairs deck. I say "hot tub" only because it is rather small, but I'm also a large 6'6" man, so I can't really fault the design. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone else, especially for the price. Now I hope I've elaborated on the good enough, on to the downsides.
Namely the WiFi did not work in the room as it is located on the far corner, but the internet at the pool area works great, so it was manageable (just make sure you download some music before you leave! haha). The hot tub did not seal appropriately and would not fill up (honestly a really easy fix that I'm sure was taken care of after I notified the owner). We had a couple engineers with us that were able to make it work for at least the several days we were there. Lastly, the placement of the resort is strange. It is right across the street from several nice bars, restaurants, and convenience stores, but it's walking distance from the market and it's not walking distance to the other main resorts. Which leads me to another point, it doesn't have any beach access. The Marina Pinacate is a beautiful, amazing resort but the lack of beach access was a bit surprising, as well as the lack of any bar or swim-up bar on the resort.
I think this resort would be perfect for families, or just groups of friends who don't necessarily like the noise of partying college students. I think it might be worth noting that I am a pretty critical person, so I hope it comes across that I had a wonderful time at the Pinacate, there are downsides to every resort in Puerto Penasco.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
Mar 27, 2015
Thanks so much for the review and I'm glad that you and your friends had a nice time! You're welcome back anytime! But one important thing to note - The resort does have immediate beach access at the side of the property adjacent to the hotel next door. It's about a two minute walk around the rocks in front but then you'll have the sand and water on your toes!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing