Just visited Las Palomas for the first time. Haven't been to Rocky Point in about 12 years. Alot has changed and it's much nicer than I remembered. Many warnings before we travelled down but the trip was easy and there were many places where the US and Mexican border patrols were out. Felt safe and didn't worry once.
Las Palomas was a lovely resort. Friendly staff, beautiful condo, extremely clean and well maintained overall. Pools were fantastic, Sea of Cortez was warm and clean. We went the week before July 4th and there was no one at the border crossing either way, the resorts and restaurants in the Malecon were empty. Las Palomas has two restaurants but only one was open when we were there. Possibly due to the high vacancy?
Would probably bring all of my own food the next time and just grill out. Restaurants were limited and (maybe I'm a bit spoiled from the Scottsdale/Phx area) not up to very high standards. Prices were good and seafood was very fresh but otherwise I wasn't impressed.
We'll try to make another trip this summer as it was very relaxing. If you're looking for a place where there's lots of nightlife - this isn't it. But if you want to relax and enjoy the water, or just spend family time - this is a great option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort is a luxurious oasis in Rocky Point â€“ Puerto PeÃ±asco - Mexico, with beautiful ocean view suites, world cuisine, the only links style Championship golf course of the region, a conference center, a luxury spa, beautiful beach and getaway vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelPower, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palomas Beach & Golf Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Las Palomas Beach And Golf Resort
- Las Palomas Beach Hotel
- Hotel Las Palomas Beach
- Las Palomas Puerto Penasco
- Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico