We stayed at Las Palmas in casita C-12, overall it was a great vacation, many activities for everyone. Overall the house size and location was great, we were near the pool and close distance to the ocean. The house size was very nice for our family (12 adults 3 kids), roomy and everyone had use of the 3 bathrooms nicely. We enjoyed the balcony and the large kitchen was great as we made our own fresh seafood while we were there. They had riendly security guards hich made it feel safe especially at night time. It was mid June and HOT! The AC in the back of the house (where 3 of the 4 bedrooms are!) was very hot and humid. We couldn't get the air conditioner to work and it made sleeping very uncomfortable. On the last night we were there we
had 10 people sleeping in the master bedroom (the others on the couch and floor of living room) because it was the only air conditioned area in the house. The garage door had a glitch and wouldn't open, we called front desk and they fixed it on the last day we were there. The inconvenience was that our car was parked inside the garage which left us borrowing a car when we needed to go somewhere.
We had a great time and would definitely go back again, but we'd stay in a different house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Palmas is an oceanfront resort comprised of privately-owned luxury homes and condominiums. The resort is located along Sandy Beach in Puerto Penasco, Mexico. The town is commonly known as Rocky Point. Las Palmas reflects this new trend with its splendid architecture, groomed landscaping and family-oriented culture. The gated compound offers 24-hour security, heated pools, Jacuzzis, lighted parking and a spectacular club house with swim-up bar, kid's pool, exercise room, game room and spa. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Las Palmas Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Las Palmas Beachfront
- Las Palmas Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico