We love Las Palmas in Rocky Point. A friend of ours owns two condos there so we use to frequent there every 4th of July. Even though it is not the newest resort in Rocky Point, it is very nice and very kid friendly. Summer time means hotter water and more jelly fish however the beach is very relaxing and their pools and bar is a great change from the ocean. Only a 3 1/2 hour drive from Chandler, AZ. Bring your own food and drinks and you can save a lot of money. We have only ventured out to the restaurant once or twice. We enjoy just sticking around the condo, beach and pool and not venturing to far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Palmas is an oceanfront resort comprised of privately-owned luxury homes and condominiums. The resort is located along Sandy Beach in Puerto Penasco, Mexico. The town is commonly known as Rocky Point. Las Palmas reflects this new trend with its splendid architecture, groomed landscaping and family-oriented culture. The gated compound offers 24-hour security, heated pools, Jacuzzis, lighted parking and a spectacular club house with swim-up bar, kid's pool, exercise room, game room and spa. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Las Palmas Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Las Palmas Beachfront
- Las Palmas Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico