Stayed at Las Palmas 4 different times this year (June/July, August, October, November). The resort itself is beautiful and has anything you could ask for. Pools, spas, the beautiful beach, slides for the kids, a little store, a restaurant, a bar, etc. Very safe, never heard or saw of any problems. As for people mentioning roaches, I saw one outside in the hallway one day, nothing inside the condos. These are not roaches like you would get in a dirty apartment, these are outside roaches that come because of all the vegetation and water. Anybody living in Arizona would know this, and Rocky Point is still the desert. Everyone at the resort was helpful, friendly and kind, with the exception of the girl at the front desk. She needs an attitude adjustment. She acts like she's doing you the favor by being there. Otherwise, it was perfect. We enjoyed every day of each of our four trips. Sometimes with kids and sometimes without. The kids LOVE the slide at the main pool, and love walking along the beach during low tide checking out the tide pools and the little critters they find. We've stayed at all of the Sonoran Resorts and at Las Palomas and ALWAYS come back to Las Palmas. For the price and all the amenities, and the fact that it feels smaller and more personal, we probably won't be staying anywhere else again. Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Palmas is an oceanfront resort comprised of privately-owned luxury homes and condominiums. The resort is located along Sandy Beach in Puerto Penasco, Mexico. The town is commonly known as Rocky Point. Las Palmas reflects this new trend with its splendid architecture, groomed landscaping and family-oriented culture. The gated compound offers 24-hour security, heated pools, Jacuzzis, lighted parking and a spectacular club house with swim-up bar, kid's pool, exercise room, game room and spa. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Las Palmas Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Las Palmas Beachfront
- Las Palmas Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico