“Bad customer service”

Penasco Del Sol Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husaband and I had previously stayed at the hotel and we had been planning a short family vacation I wanted to upgrade my stay before making my reservation to include the breakfeast buffet I spoke with Francisca and after emailing the hotel twice I never heard back from anyone so I decided to call not only did se act as if she was not intrested in what I was telling her and the questions that I had for her but she put me on hold in the middle of our conversation I lost the opportunity to get a discount for 90 day prior reservation and asked her if they would validate the offer and she told me that I should feel free to reserve on line I never got the answer to the questions that I had and I will be looking into another hotel for our future vacation
N. Lopez.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Norma L
There are newer reviews for Penasco Del Sol Hotel

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

On June 12th, 2014 to the 16th, my family and I stayed at this hotel. It was the worst experience we've had at a hotel do to the rude, unprofessional n harassing security. We had other members of the family staying at a different hotel and they came to visit us but they were stopped be one of the security and he asked them where they were going. When my sister said they were there to visit us the security told her she couldn't be there so they escorted her n her family all the way to the lobby to make sure that they left. They felt sooo humiliated cause they treated them like delinquents. So do to their unprofessional employees and security we're NEVER staying there!!!! Don't waist your money at this hotel, so much for a fun and relaxing vacation......

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank Frank Z
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Last week June 12, 2014 to the 16th we stayed at this hotel, we had 6 rooms reserved cause a lot of family were staying, we were super excited to have a good time and relax. Thanks to the security there relaxing g was impossible, they were behind us and other people staying there harassing us when they didn't see us wearing our bracelets from the hotel. They wanted to kick us out unless we consumed something from there, we were buying drinks at the bar there. They kicked out some of my family that had come to visit us from a different hotel. They told them they couldn't be there or visit us if they weren't staying at that hotel. So they escorted them all the way to the lobby to make sure they left!!!!! They were treated as if they were delinquents. That was very humiliating to them. So thanks to their rude, unprofessional n harassing security we're NEVER staying there again!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank zapata72
Reviewed June 5, 2014

we had reservations on two rooms, when we arrived they didnt have our rooms ready, they gave us our rooms at 5pm when arrived at noon. the rooms were in bad services, no cold water, the ac buttoms were all worn out, we were guessing whats hi and low. we spoken to the manager about all this and they didnt care. this is the first hotel a soon as you come in to town dont stop here there are better hotels and condos if you keep going. thier free breakfast is not free. they only give you two items bread and egg and if you want the buffet you pay extra. thats not a free meal. the front desk clerk was rude and didnt care to comp us on anything for their mistakes.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Cesar P
Gisela R, Gerente at Penasco Del Sol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

We really sorry you had a bad experience during your stay. In high season is very difficult to check in at noon because all weekends we are sold out but We do have an option for all our guets arriving early, they can enjoy the pool area and all property using the guest bracelet and also we can take care of your luggage. Check in time starts at 4:00 p.m., sometimes if our guests have special requests like joining rooms, rooms next each other, an special floor or near to the pool is difficult for the front desk assigned another rooms ready before 4 oclock.

This summer there is an special package that include breakfast, I apologize you can not get the breakfast buffet It was a misunderstand with the cashier. Please for next time let me know and I recompense it for you. Please reach me at gramirez@hotelrockypoint.com

Cordially,

Gisela Ramirez
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Six of us (three neighbor couples) stayed three nights at Penasco Del Sol. We were part of a group of about 50 who were part of a bus tour from Tucson. The hotel was very nice, spotlessly clean, well maintained, and was attractively decorated with well appointed rooms. The view of the pool and Sea of Cortez was beautiful! I was pleasantly surprised to find a coffee maker in the room and even wash cloths for the bath! Large towels for the pool were easily checked out and returned in the lobby. They have a small but well stocked gift shop and good restaurant. After reading some of the older reviews we did not know what to expect in the restaurant. As it turns out, they had very good food, an excellent bar, and a nice breakfast buffet for those who wanted it. The menu was varied and food was very fresh! The location was excellent! There is a nice little commercial shopping area adjacent to the hotel with souvenirs, food, bars, and pharmacies which is easy to walk. The highlight of the trip was the Pina Colada cocktails served in hollowed out pineapples! Yummy! We did have dinner two nights at the Playa Bonita hotel restaurant farther up the beach, and it was outstanding! The location on the beach was great for walking the beach collecting shells or buying souvenirs; and for the more actively inclined there was horseback riding, ATV and jet ski rentals, Ultralight airplane rides, and boat rides on big inflated "bananas"! The pools were well maintained, and there was a good swim-up bar. All staff members were friendly and responsive. There was loud music playing most all the time which could be positive or negative depending upon your interests.

Room Tip: Most all rooms have a view of the pools and Sea of Cortez. Request a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Judith U
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Really lovely hotel, got great service from the front desk, very comfortable room/beds.
The wifi connection in the rooms is more or less non-existent, which was especially frustrating because I couldn't use my cellular service in Mexico. However the lobby gets an ok connection, and is very beautiful and comfortable - so I wasn't totally cut off. The in-hotel restaurant is WAY over priced, and they have very slow service so I wouldn't recommend it. (Go to the market area down the road for food!) The outdoor bar tenders were very nice. But again the drinks were crazy overpriced. The convenience of the hotel is outstanding... The pool area overlooks the beach, so it's but a few seconds walk away. The pools are very nice and I love their swim-up bar! Also, right across the street is a place called "Wrecked"... which is a two story upstairs bar and grill. They have awesome service, cheap drinks, and good food.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I got a room that opened up to the pool, this was fabulously convenient... but if you want a great v...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank coercionette
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed on a Sunday night so it was not very busy. Staff was all very nice. Service in restaurant was a little slow at times but food was very delicious. Room was clean, smelled fresh and spacious. View of the pool and ocean was wonderful. Amazing sunsets! Had the pool pretty much to ourselves on Monday. If you want to be able to charge to your room, make sure at check in they know you will want to do that. We had to provide our credit card three times for additional authorization. Very easy access to the beach. Already thinking about our next trip!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple