“4th of July stay”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
Chandler, Arizona
“4th of July stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great staff, great Master suite room! Staff was extremely helpful, friendly and always available when we needed something! We stayed 3nights 4 days, I initially booked the incorrect room and was immediately moved the same day to another room. it still was not what I wanted ( I had stayed at the master suite before) Woke up the next morning and staff was still very helpful and got me the room I was wanting. Even when I lost room key 2 times, I was greeted with a smile! Wish they had more parking closer to hotel, but my car was safe our whole trip and we didn't really need to drive around since everything we needed was at the hotel or just a walk away!

Room Tip: Master Suites are the best, you get a view and quiet A/C system. If you are looking to save more mo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This place was friendly staff, clean, welcoming, located right on the beach AND I got a slammin' deal on the room. Drinks and good were affordable and no additional charge for parking. My only negative were the beds were hard as a rock! So uncomfortable but I had heard they had just purchased new beds? True or untrue I don't know. Rooms were basic but hey! You're at the beach you don't need a fancy room! Will possibly try another resort on our now every other weekend trip down there. That's right 2x a month trip down there, because when you live in the desert of Phx and this oasis of a town is only a few short hrs away, that's awesome!

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I like this hotel cause its close to everything!! I reserved a master suite which was good and pretty , the service was fantastic, workers were friendly, the pool was clean , i went on june and it was a good month to go cause it was not that many people on the beach and pool, the only thing is that the bathroom was small and when i took a shower the water comes out to the floor and it gets slipery, the shower should have a door, the beach its public and it does have glass and holes on the water, i found that kind of dangerous for everyone, but like i said its public!! Overall the hotel was great!!

• Stayed June 2013
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed this past Memorial Day 2013, the hotel is nice, although NO room has true ocean front view. I reserved an ocean front view, but in reality, is more a beach view.

In regards to the pool amenities, we were told that there was NO charge for any of the amenities, including the cabanas, and it was true until a new party liked our cabana. He pressure one of the managers to force us to give him our cabana, when we refused, they forced some of the guess to pay $20.00 dollars rental. It was so chaotic and dangerous because many of the customers were angry. It was unfair that they made some people pay simply to pleased a new guess.

They need to work on equality and fairness. Their own employees were confused and could not believe the disorganization and how dangerous the situation became.

Isabel G.
San Jose California

Room Tip: Dont bother paying for an ocean front view suit, you will be disappointed, you have a better view re...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank isabel g
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed for three nights by myself on business. The hotel is very nice. I paid a little extra to upgrade to an oceanfront suite, and well worth the money. The room was nice size, and very clean. All the staff was helpful and nice. I was able to sit in my room with balcony door open, and watch the sunset directly. Would return here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave H
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We've taken a group of VIP's down to the Penasco Del Sol and from the greetings at the front to the room conditions to the food, beach and pool the entire process was amazing. The hotel is located in the heart of everything and all our guests had a first hand experience of Rocky Point. I would highly recommend a conference, group, trade show or just a get away weekend at the Del Sol.

Room Tip: Ground floor by the ocean if you can.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
9 Thank Joe H
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

i really enjoyed my stay at Penasco Del Sol Hotel on my recent trip. The hotel was packed when we got there on Friday (was warned by the reservation staff when I called) but the staff was very friendly. I felt quite safe staying there with our two kids (toddler and infant age) as they have security staff all over the premise. We love the cabana and the pool and the food/breakfast buffet was pretty good and decently priced. Staff was very helpful when we encountered a problem during our stay so thank you for taking care of our family while we were there! I would recommend this hotel to my friends and would definitely come back for another stay...when it's not too crowded with too many high school kids.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family