Stayed for 7 days with some friends who own a timeshare through RCI. The rooms we stayed in were in the oldest part of the hotel. OLD, moldy, tiny. Nothing like we thought it would be. The town is nearly 30 minutes away through a 15 minute drive through dirt, then another 15 minute drive down a very scary (especially at night - there are no street lights) 2 lane road. Once in town, nothing to do or see. If you're looking for a place to relax and read by the pool and drink all day, this is your place. The front desk staff were less than desirable but the rest of the staff was out of this world. The buffet every night was surprisingly delicious. The quality of the food brought in was excellent!
We looked at the newer part of the hotel - seems like it would have been more worth it. Make sure you don't stay in the old building. You will NEVER return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mayan Puerto Penasco is an awe-inspiring vacation for guests of all ages. This desert oasis of relaxation and wonder offers a truly unique getaway, with its world-renowned golf course, luxurious outdoor pools, Jacuzzis, fire pits, and stunning surrounding scenery. As soon as you enter The Grand Mayan Puerto Penasco, you’ll leave the rest of the world – and all of your cares – behind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Mayan Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Palace Puerto Penasco Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Wyndham Puerto Peñasco
- Mayan Palace Penasco
- Puerto Peñasco Wyndham
- Mayan Resort Puerto Penasco Mexico
- Mayan Palace Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico