“Noisy, noisy, noisy!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pinacate Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Penasco
Pinacate Condos
Mesa, AZ
“Noisy, noisy, noisy!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2005

The condo itself was beautiful and had a gorgeous view of the pool and beach. Unfortunately, there's an outdoor night club across the street that was blasting music so loud, I could hear it through my earplugs. Add to that the screaming of several young dancers all night long, and you have what amounts to comfortable but ultimately useless lodging. If you can't get some rest, then why bother? I've had better sleep in Las Vegas.

Also, our shower was broken and the repairman didn't fix it, even though he came by and replaced the broken part. I'll never forget being on my knees, holding the "plunger" up so that my husband could take a shower.

• Stayed November 2005
6 Thank travelingstace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2005

Stayed at Pinacate Condos. It was definitely not what I expected after reading the reviews. Have traveled to many places and this was definitely below what I expected. The condo was a 2 bedroom and was OK, nothing great. Advisertises daily maid service and we never received it - we had to call for towels and never received the maid service. Bring your own water because they advertise they give it to you but after the 1st few gallons, they charge you. The pool needs a lot of work. Tiles missing and I don't think the filter was working properly because there were clorine granuales everywhere. The beach was a big disappointment. It is not beach front or access from what I am used to. Pinacate should change there web site. We left a day early because you couldn't go in the pool or sit at the beach. You have to walk far to get to stairs and then the beach was not at all nice. There was garbage everywhere. Horses on the beach and the beach was not white and sandy as advertised. The web site for the condos makes it look a lot nicer then it is. Food was also expensive. If I were to return I definitely would not stay at Pinacate I would try the other side of the Island. But I doubt I will return. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2005

When we arrived, there was sour milk in the refrigerator and the inside of the refrigerator had mold growing. We sat down to watch a movie that we brought and both televisions were broken, including the dvd and tape players. As it got dark, we noticed that light bulbs were missing from some of the lamps. When we pulled out the sofa bed for our children, the springs were broken and the mattress fell through. There was no maid service during three nights except after the first day they emptied the trash. We had to clean out the refrigerator ourselves. The blinds on the front window did not close all the way and people walking through the hall could watch us in bed. The shower was broken but was usable. There was a journal in the room and we noticed that several weeks prior there was mention of the televisions not working and the sofa bed being broken, apparently management does not care. The only reason we stayed there was because the Sonoran resorts were booked.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2005

Nice property. Clean. View of the beach. Multiple swimming pools, pristine blue. Guarded parking lot. Clean room. Great place to bring the family or just a romantic getaway. It's not as isolated as the other resorts. There's plenty of things to do right outside the condo.

I've stayed at other "hotels" in Rocky Point and didn't like the high school / college party crowd. The prices here weed out the riff raff which makes for a quiet stay.

Highly recommended. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank ThomasfromPhoenix
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2005

We visited the Pinacate on advice from this website and it was a great choice. We used Seaside Reservation service. Basically you visit their website, make a reservation online for one of their condos, fax an acceptance sheet to them, and finally check in with them on the day of arrival. There is a $100 cash deposit, but you get it all back, but remember the rent is really cheap compared to something similar in San Diego. We went with 2 other couples and rented the 3 bedroom condo (ocean front) #501. It was gorgeous. The condo had all the appliances we needed, 3 queen beds, cable, and a stunning view of the water and beach. It was clean, comfortable, spacious and inviting. The Pinacate is close to everything and we were within walking distance to restaurants, bars, the pool and the beach! Beware that you may have to bribe the parking lot security guard to bring a 2nd car into the parking lot, as they only allow one per condo. This is a really fantastic property with every possible amenity and an ideal location, make your reservation now!

• Stayed May 2005
8 Thank AlwysL8r
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2005

My husband and I pulled up to the condo (we stayed in a 3 storey one right on the beach - newly remodeled) and it was great to park right in front of the unit! The view from the patio was amazing. The place had been 100% remodeled, and it was very nice (we saw the one next door and it wasn't near as nice). We especially loved that the master bedroom was on the third floor...with a jacuzzi tub on the large balcony. The people were great, and we walked to almost everything. I liked this location much better than Sandy Beach where we stayed last time. It is more local to restaurants, etc.
They even had free satelite TV with Pay Per View (my hubby liked that part). We can't wait to go back, and we probably won't wait a whole year. Advise: Spring for a large condo (3 storey) on the water. They sleep 6-10 people, and the location is THE BEST!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2004

I like the Pinacate Condos, which are under the same ownership as the Princesa at Sandy Beach, but prefer the Princesa Condos despite their being a short drive out of town. The Princesa has a much nicer beach and is quieter (fireworks are prohibited on Sandy Beach, as are motorized vehicles), which is what I usually look for in a beach vacation.

Pinacate has the great advantage of being in town, with many restaurants in walking distance, free wireless Internet across the street at Max's Cafe, etc.

• Stayed November 2000