“Wonderful!!!!!”

Chef Mickey's Place
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chef Mickey's Place is taking now credit cards (visa & master card) We open every day
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was our 3rd visit. Both the service and the food were fabulous. Chef Mickey does an incredible job with the everything. Wonderful diverse menu and the shrimp flight is out of this world. a+. Todd and Barbara

1  Thank Barbara L

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I (and our two young daughters) went last night to celebrate our birthdays and anniversary. Best rib eye I have had. And it was cooked PERFECTLY. I like my meat rare, in the states it's hard to find a place to do that well. My husband had the special chicken, it was to DIE for! The kids got chicken strips which they polished off in minutes. Very romantic atmosphere. Wine selection wasn't great, but with food like we had, who needs more than a glass! Also, the waitress overheard me saying happy birthday to my other half, brought out flan (amazing!) and because we had the girls, no rum on top. Worth the visit!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

By far the best food in town! You will not be disappointed! My steak was cooked perfectly and I could cut it with a butter knife. The bread they served before dinner was amazing. This place is a must!!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We get stuck in a lot of the touristy eateries in Rocky Point. We decided to find some really good food. "Chef" had a lot of great reviews, you can't fake that many....so we decided to give it a try. Wish we would have gone there first night we were there!! Great dishes, many choices, priced right! Staff was friendly and attentive! Mickey came out to say hi! Will definetly be one of our regular spots from now on. Highly recommend!

1  Thank beths476
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We decided to visit Chef Mickey's Place based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed! Everything we had was fantastic. For appetizers we tried the shrimp sampler. It came with four large pieces of shrimp prepared 4 ways: Stuffed Shrimp Poppers with raspberry chipotle sauce, Fried Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp, and a bacon wrapped shrimp with a white marsala sauce. All of them were fantastic, but the poppers were our favorite.

As for entrees, we tried the Fettuccine Alfredo with cajun shrimp and the New Mexico Style Stuffed Chicken. Both came with a fantastic Caesar Salad. The Fettuccine was delicious, fresh and just the Alfredo was just the right thickness. The New Mexico Style Stuffed Chicken was perfect. Great texture, great balance of flavors between the mushroom sauce and the cream cheese jalepeño filling.

The service at Mickey's was also great. Our waitress spoke very clear and fluent English and was more than willing to answer all of our questions and was very knowledgeable about the menu. The atmosphere was also nice: It was clean, had jazz music playing and provided a great atmosphere for a date night dinner in Rocky Point.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience and we cannot wait to go again. The Chef also offers cooking classes, but they will not resume until October. That will give us a great excuse to return to Rocky Point in October.