“Delicious food and great service at Chef Mickey's Place”

Chef Mickey's Place
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef Mickey's Place is taking now credit cards (visa & master card) We open every day
Phoenix, Arizona
“Delicious food and great service at Chef Mickey's Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We decided to visit Chef Mickey's Place based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed! Everything we had was fantastic. For appetizers we tried the shrimp sampler. It came with four large pieces of shrimp prepared 4 ways: Stuffed Shrimp Poppers with raspberry chipotle sauce, Fried Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp, and a bacon wrapped shrimp with a white marsala sauce. All of them were fantastic, but the poppers were our favorite.

As for entrees, we tried the Fettuccine Alfredo with cajun shrimp and the New Mexico Style Stuffed Chicken. Both came with a fantastic Caesar Salad. The Fettuccine was delicious, fresh and just the Alfredo was just the right thickness. The New Mexico Style Stuffed Chicken was perfect. Great texture, great balance of flavors between the mushroom sauce and the cream cheese jalepeño filling.

The service at Mickey's was also great. Our waitress spoke very clear and fluent English and was more than willing to answer all of our questions and was very knowledgeable about the menu. The atmosphere was also nice: It was clean, had jazz music playing and provided a great atmosphere for a date night dinner in Rocky Point.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience and we cannot wait to go again. The Chef also offers cooking classes, but they will not resume until October. That will give us a great excuse to return to Rocky Point in October.

• Visited July 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“A Diner's Delight in Puerto Peñasco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I first experienced Chef Mickey's delicious food when I was looking for a caterer for my 2010 wedding in Puerto Peñasco. We set up a tasting, after which I selected the Macadamia Crusted Flounder, Mickey's Stuffed Chicken, and Chiles Rellenos as my wedding dinner entrees. None of my guests were disappointed, and several later told me that the food at my wedding was the best they'd ever eaten at a wedding! I have since made it a point to eat at Chef Mickey's Place each time I visit Puerto Peñasco. I have tried many of his menu items and have yet to be disappointed by any of them! A few personal favorites are the same three items I had at my wedding, as well as the Mexican Combination Plate, and the Coconut Shrimp! I have also done his Saturday morning cooking class (during cooler months) several times, and it is always a treat! I highly recommend Chef Mickey's to anyone visiting Puerto Peñasco!

Cave Creek, Arizona
“Chef Mickey's is #1 in my book”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have been traveling to Puerto Penasco for over 24 years and have eaten dinner in most of the restaurants there. We found Chef Mickey's on Blvd Freemont a few months ago, and we have dinner there every other night, if not every night. My wife says the pecan crusted flounder is the best ever and I fell in love with his deep fried shrimp. By FAr the best restaurant in Penasco.

Puerto Penasco,
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the best place in town to have a 5 star meal! WOW! we live in Puerto Penasco ,visit at least once a week, never disappointed. Decor is 5 star friendly servers and Chef Micky is there to cook and also visit with diners. Great place for special parties or just a single person.

Pocatello, Idaho
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very friendly. great food. The waitress doesn't speak German, but neither do I. They can make any mixed drink (even tequila). tequila shrimp is really good. We like a variety of restaurants, but Mickeys Place will be on our list every visit.

• Visited May 2013