“A little slice of Italy in Mexico!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mare Blu

Mare Blu
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Payson, Arizona
“A little slice of Italy in Mexico!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited the Mare Blu in Old Port for the 4th time of 4 visits! We never miss the opportunity to return to one of our favorite spots in Rocky Pt. White tablecloths adorn the tables inside and out. Outside is an exceptional view of the sunset/ocean and inside is clean and quiet if that is what you've after. A very talented musician sat outside and played a wide variety of beautiful tunes not so loud that conversations can't be held comfortably. The waiters are trained to offer the best service possible and it shows! The manager is friendly and sincered. The food....simply exquisite. Dishes from bacon wrapped shrimp to lasagna, pasta primavera to seabass -- all are cooked to perfection. We got lucky to have a taste of a potential new dessert -- a pumpkin roll that was out of this world! Also, a wonderful wine selection with excellent prices to match the food. The only drawback one night was a restaurant across the way that played super loud music that wafted throughout the port! But someone must have pulled the plug and the soft sounds of the guitarist graced the place once again. Apparently there is another Mare Blu on the way to Sandy Beach which is probably just as good.

• Visited October 2012

Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The food best in town, and the service is excellent, I have been there several times with friends and no matter what entree we order, it has been excellent experience, the desserts are delicious also. My favorite dish so far is "Seafood Lasagna"

Visited September 2012
Tucson
“A Wonderful Experience Was Had By All...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We went to this restaurant on my recent birthday, as a lark, Italian in Mexico?!? Anyway, I loved everything about it! We sat in the covered outdoor seating area, overlooking the beach, which was of course lovely. The service was friendly, and I really enjoyed speaking Italian with the waitstaff, who was very tolerant of this behavior on my part as I don't speak Italian. It just seemed funny. I was trying to speak Spanish as much as possible on this recent trip to Mexico, and people let me!
So, service, ambiance: GREAT! And I'm kind of a foodie, I go out to eat for entertainment all the time, and I'm often TERRIBLY disappointed by service in my home town... surely it will improve!
Anyway, I had shrimp, my father had steak and my son had fettucini alfredo and we all loved our meals! This is in itself a miracle, as my son tends to be much harder to please (he's 14), but he clearly loved it, too!
Anyway, GO! Have a good time! It's lovely!

• Visited October 2012
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Good food, great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Good food and great views at US prices in US dollars. The pasta dish frutti di mare dish was excellent as was the bruschetta appetizer. The wife's shrimp special wasn't the best (some odd flavors not objectionable just strange), she wished she had the sea bass in marinara instead. One negative was the music which was a solo saxaphone/singer that was much too loud for the place. The fact that he was tone deaf was a source of alternating amusement and annoyance. A CD of Italian music as background would have been more appropriate.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Seafood delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had a fabulous shrimp dish here that was one of the best I've ever had. Sweet, perfectly cooked and lightly seasoned. Will have it again. My husband's seafood medly tasty as well.

Don't miss having the chefs margarita special. Hmmm, hmmm good!

Visited July 2012