Baja Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Plaza Penasco(Puerto Penasco)
View Hotel
Hotel Fiesta de Cortez(Puerto Penasco)
  • Pool
The Grand Mayan(Puerto Penasco)
  • Beachfront
Vina Del Mar Hotel(Puerto Penasco)
Hotel Senorial(Puerto Penasco)
  • Pool
Penasco Del Sol Hotel(Puerto Penasco)
View Hotel
El Mirador Village Hotel(Puerto Penasco)
Motel Carmelita(Puerto Penasco)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Why go

It looks kind of like a whitewashed, minimum-security prison. Or a very elegant insane asylum. But it's just the hotel/nightclub Baja Cantina, filled with rowdy spring breakers wall-to-wall by 11 p.m. At the bottom of a hill, at the end of the nightclub strip, this four-story, U-shaped hotel hosts nightly bashes in the all-concrete courtyard on the first floor. In a space about the size of a high-school gym (and lit almost as brightly) hundreds of high-school and college students, and non-students in the same age range 18 and 21.

Crowd

College and high-school students

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carmen C
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The service and the location was really what saved this place. The front desk was not all that great but the security guard at night and the bartender were really nice. They made me feel safe and that was what I was really looking for on my first visit in many years. The hotel is near to some of the only night clubs in town. And close to the beach south of the port, which is mostly rocky. It is really hard to get access to the beach on this side of town so it's nice to be able to walk there form the hotel.

The rooms were kind of dirty though. When we first arrived everything smelled like fabuloso and bleach, which was good, but there was a lot of dust and scraps of paper all around like no one swept or dusted. The beds are really firm and the free WiFi never worked in our room. The vertical blinds were broken some completely off the hooks and not oving if you pulled the string so bring something to cover the window for privacy. Other than that it was great since the room had a really rustic look and feel to it with old timey Mexican furniture and saltillo tile floors.

Overall I think this is an okay hotel, it might be more fun during the U of A's spring break since that is when it seems to fill up and they actually have events. otherwise it's dead and there are cheaper nicer looking hotels that are not near so many empty lots.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side get some ocean view, but I think rooms near the center get better WiFi.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My daughter and her friends stayed here over the weekend and had their room robbed! There are no phones in the rooms and the front desk staff was NOT friendly or accomodating when my daughter wanted to make a police report.

When we called from the Arizona side for them to contact my daughter, we were told that they had no one else to watch the desk and would not be leaving the front desk. After many insistent calls and pleading with the front desk staff, we were hung up on.

Stay far away from this place. There are other places close to the ocean where you can stay. Try to Sonoran Sun!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Mazz B
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Not the most luxurious hotel in Rocky point but the rooms are nice and there is always 24 hour security to park your four wheelers. The staff is beyond pleasant and speak English. They offer breakfast buffet in the morning for a fee and there is a swim up bar in the pool. One block from ocean but had a great view. Conveniently located down the strip for an easy walk to the dance clubs! Fun for every age.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank 2HotnSaff
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at Baja Hotel not expecting 5 star service due to the money i paid. I stayed for 4 days with a couple of friends and it was the absolute worst decision i have EVER made. First, the lock to my door did NOT work and when we told management that it didn't they said they would look into it....they never did. We told the manager again and he said he's sending someone up right now...once again he never came. Second, my friend had a very valuable camera that ended up being stolen by either an employee or someone that cleans the rooms. We know this because somebody else that stayed there told us that he had seen somebody walking out of the room. We told management again and they said they couldnt do anything about it because there was no evidence! Three, the food is terrible. I could have made better food on the ground. Fourth, when leaving the room one afternoon we saw a cocaroach on the ceiling! It had too be at least 4 inches long. Disgusting! The pool was dirty and the service was cheap. I honestly didnt expect it to be that bad. NEVER EVER EVER STAYING HERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: Pay a little more money to stay in a better hotel than this. Wifi doesnt work everywhere, you literally have to stand in one spot for it to work.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends