All reviews private beach rocky point roomy pools condo
Reviewed May 7, 2018

This was our second time here, and we obviously came back for good reasons. If you're looking for a clean, modern, and relaxing place to kick up your feet and get away from the hustle and bustle of every-day life, we highly recommend Luna Blanca. The beach is only steps away from the condo (we stayed on first level suite) with large expansive pools, hot tubs, lounge areas, and everything you would imagine to cater to spending a quiet & relaxing evening with a loved one, and/or with a small family gathering (with plenty of bbq spaces and areas to entertain guests poolside). We will most certainly be coming back to Luna Blanca as our main destination getaway. Enjoy!

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank jsmithdesign
Reviewed June 8, 2017

We were two couples that went down to Puerto Penasco for the first time. We stayed on the 11th floor at Luna Blanca and loved it. The apartment is very nice and well equipped, they have great pools and the beach is wonderful. The apartment was very clean and provided everything one needs. It has a large balcony which is a great extension. It is located about 25 minutes from town, but you can bring your own food and they have few bbq's on the property as well as a restaurant. We also had access to the Mayan Palace which was a great benefit. The management was great, and very welcoming. We can't wait for our next trip to Luna Blanca in Puerto Penasco.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Berglindsv
Reviewed February 21, 2017

This was the third time we have spent a week or more at Luna Blanca. We love the pool area and the quietness of the property! It's amazing to have such a beautiful beach all to ourselves. We have never seen more than a handful of people walking the beach at any time. The beach is also amazing for shell collecting. It is about a half hour drive to town on good roads which really isn't a problem and everyone working on taking care of the pools and grounds have always been nice. We stayed in unit 803 which has more furnishings and a warmer feel than other units we have stayed in at Luna Blanca. It really is a nice unit! Unfortunately there are some big maintenance issues that need to be taken care of. The biggest being the constant whistling noise from the big sliding windows in the living room and especially the master bedroom. There is always wind eight floors up and the windows seal so poorly that it is a huge irritation. My wife and I paid the extra money to have the master bedroom available rather than the lockout unit, but we had to sleep in the small guest bedroom with two twin beds due to the noise the first two nights. The huge heavy privacy curtains weren't connected to the rods in numerous locations also so it wasn't possible to close the curtains all the way. I purchased a roll of blue painter's tape from the Bodego store in town and taped all the master bedroom window seams inside and out. This made the room blissfully quiet but we then couldn't use the sliding doors. I also had to stand on a bar stool and rig the curtains so they would stay on the sliders. The air conditioning did not work in any rooms and the heater did not work in the master bedroom. Javier at Castaways was very responsive when we called and sent a worker to check it out but it was beyond his ability to repair. He did get the air conditioner working in the master bedroom but the heater did not work on a cold rainy night. The light bulb above the sink in the master is burnt out. The hot water heater is so tiny that you can't take two showers in a row. I would stay in this unit again and will definitely come back to Luna Blanca but I would want assurance that these maintenance items have been dealt with!

Room tip: The lower floors seem to have less wind.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank JeremyDurangoCo
kurtmg1, Owner at Luna Blanca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Dear Jeremy. I am so sorry to hear your stay was not satisfactory. Castaways is no longer managing the property rentals there and with management changes always comes a different management team and focus. We hope the new company with time will find there way and provide the service that kept us number 1 for so many years there. We are now managing the Sonoran Spa and hope to see you there soon in one of a very well maintained properties. Thank you.

Reviewed November 26, 2016

My family has rented rooms at Luna Blanca in Puerto Penasco for years and years, almost always through Castaways. In the past, they used to have a staff member in place on location, which was nice when something went wrong, but they no longer do that. My issue isn't the end of the world, but I paid for this service and did not get it. I had a bunch of work to do, but was fine with taking my work with me on vacation because the unit comes with Wifi. Unfortunately, the Wifi doesn't work in this unit. I can connect to the router, but the router isn't connected to the internet, so it can't be used. Also, the A/C didn't work in the master bedroom, but that wasn't too big a deal this time of year. I called Castaways and informed them that my internet didn't work,and whoever answered the phone told me that it was the property managers issue and I need to contact them. I found the security guard, but he said that I needed to take it up with Castaways. Beyond the security guard at the gate, I couldn't find anyone else who worked there. I called Castaways back and again was told that I needed to take it up with property management. I asked that they contact the property management for me since I am unable to do so and I needed them to act as my liaison in this event. I rented and paid with Castaways, so I needed Castaways to help me resolve this issue. He said he would, I never heard back from anyone the rest of the weekend. I went down to the desk Thursday morning to inquire about the internet, but couldn't find anyone to help me. I was told to dial 230 (or maybe 203, can't remember now) on the desk phone, but there is no dial tone at the desk phone, so you can't contact anyone with that phone. I had a huge project due for work, which required the use of the internet, so this was a big deal for me. Fortunately, for me, we came to Luna Blanca with another couple who were renting unit 203 also through Castaways. Their wifi, worked, so they were gracious enough to let me use their internet access, however, upon entering their unit, there is a HUGE crack in the sliding glass window. My friend called Castaways to let them know that the window was cracked and very dangerous to her and her kids, only to be told "OK, anything else?", and that's it. She sent a big email noting the issue to them, only to have it ignored, or at least not responded to the entire time we were down there. That unit (#203) was mostly un-stocked of the basic items that most of the units are stocked with. I had to loan them my coffee maker and multiple pots and pans just so they could cook their meals. The cabinets were broken off some of the hinges in 203 and the pantry was locked, so they had nowhere to store their items. The refrigerator by the pool area no longer works either, so that doesn't allow guests to store food and drinks away from the flies during the day. To top this off, we traveled here with some other friends who rented unit 403, but they rented it from another rental service. Their TV wasn't working, so their rental agency tried to move them to another unit. One wasn't available, so they discounted their stay due to the inconvenience. This, to date, hasn't been an option for Castaways since they ignored the issues altogether that we had in both 603 and 203. The Castaways offices is a long way from the Luna Blanca resort, so it's no minor inconvenience to go into town (probably a 30 minute drive) to work things out if they go wrong. I'd like to think that if I call them at least, they would be willing to help you out, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Maybe people should rent with different agencies than Castaways in the future. If you end up having to pay full price, but don't get the full service that you paid for, that doesn't seem worth it. I'd love Castaways to follow up with me about this. I'll see if they do. I feel I'm owed a discount for what I paid, since I didn't get everything that's included in the listing of the unit.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank RobBAZ2010

Dear Customer.

Castaways left the resort as of last year. I am sorry the service you have received does not meet the previous standards we provided. Please contact the new onsite rental company. They have an office out front of the property. We wish we were still there but I think the property owners were looking to increase profits by using a different company. We had years of satisfied customers when we were there and we are thankful to all for the opportunity. We now we manage the Sonoran Spa resort and we are providing our top level services there. We hope to welcome you soon there as our guest and receive the attention you deserve.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

We stayed on the 11th floor of this fabulous property. I usually avoid upper floors due to extended waits for the elevator, but with only 2-4 rooms per floor, there was always an elevator arriving promptly. The rooms are large and well equipped, with sliding glass walls and large decks offering extended living space and grand views. The pools were large and well maintained. The grilling areas were well lit, cleaned and provided an opportunity to relax at the condo. It is a bit far from the nearest market, so stock up and relax on the quiet beach.

Room tip: Wear surf shoes to avoid any seashell shards, especially at high tide.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Estela P, Owner at Luna Blanca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

my husband and I are so glad to read your feed back.
Our 2,200 sf ocean front condo in L.B. 1101 has the best reviews and view. Only ocean view and the location in the building is the best.
Thank you again.