“very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Playa Inn Hotel

Playa Inn Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Penasco
Playa Inn Hotel
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
Ensenada, Mexico
“very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

This was the first time we went to Peniasco and we didn't know what to expect travel the Baja all the time and go to Cabo often,we were really happy with Penasco and the Playa inn was super,the rooms are clean and the bed was real nice(some hotels in Mexico have horribly hard beds)the pool is nice and clean and it has a cute swim up bar.The restaurant is just ok.The security in the parking lot was real good.a guard is there all the time.All in all this is a great place to stay in Peniasco.

• Liked — nice room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aprilstarr

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2007

I had read the other reviews before booking and was a little nervous about booking, but I was going on a sold out weekend, and this hotel was the only thing I thought was half way decent that was still available. This place exceeded my expectations, the rooms were clean and we had hot water. I enjoyed the pool and had a great time partying with fellow patrons. In the morning, I ate at the cafe, and had some great breakfast, that was a surprise! The staff was nice to deal with and new a good deal of English as well. One complaint was the hard matresses, but I got used to it. I parked on the lot right outside, and was greeted by a security guard every time. I made sure to tip them, since they were on watch 24 hrs a day. I fet comfortable leaving my car there overnight without hesitation. Overall, this was a pleasant stay, if you want a place on a budget, definately stay here. It is not a 4-5 star resort by any means, but then again, who goes to Rocky Point to stay in their room? The beach and bars were close by which was a definate plus.

• Stayed May 2007
3 Thank Phxnative
phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2007

All review I read pretty much said it was horrible, and to stay away from the bar, I was a spring breaker on a low budget, the only thing bad is the dirt parking lot is kinda creepy at night with no security, but if you have an alarm and park by your window its fine, my room was by the Bar, which I read was loud and noisy, on a Friday night during spring break, it was silent, then we had requested more towels, many times, and we got them every time, cuz we didnt want to reuse our soaking wet ones, the pool was clean, the counter people spoke english, but I could do enough spanish to get by and that worked better, the price was right and in our room we had a bed a bathroom a tv , which we picked up my local 12 news in english out of phoenix, I had a blast, we trusted the maids with much expensive stuff in our rooms, they didnt tamper with any of it, the room was kinda dumpy, but clean, it was not Las Conchas or anything resort like, but it was Affordable, and a great place to eat and sleep, because if you are going to Rocky Point, what more are you going to do? In Mexico, you get up everyday and leave, the beach is right down the street, you can access the beach in a 1/4 mile walk, and mannys is around the corner, Ice house is across the street from mannys and the underage "mannys" is close to it too, we had fun in Mexico, and enjoyed our stay at the Playa inn, too many people had too high of standards, you get what you pay for, but it is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, The rooms look just like the pictures at [--] and they are fine, if you want a place to sleep, eat and leave, for however long, I highly recomend the playa inn, in fact my buddy and I are going back down in the middle of june, guess where we are staying? the playa inn.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The reviews stupid people gave
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank kyledkelly
NY, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2006

This hotel was probably ok back in the day. After reading reviews, reluctantly booked it for a sold out weekend in Rocky Point. The neighborhood was like a slum in Queens, NY. There is a beautiful view of an abandoned dirt soccer field, run down stores across the street, mediocre houses (at least not shacks) to the other side. Would not venture out, unless in car.
But, the sheets were clean, the AC cold, and the shower strong and hot. If you are using it ONLY as a place to shower and sleep, ok. If I had young kids, I'd find a place in a resort to stay that was in a better part of town.

Stayed October 2006
6 Thank susiernewyork

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Penasco hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2006

Our family has been staying at the Playa Inn for about 8 years.

It has always be a middle of the road hotel for Rocky Point. However, this trip was the worst yet. The hotel has really gone down hill in the past two years.

There has been little or no maintenance to the rooms and the swimming pool was an impressive shade of green!

To top it off, the credit card we used for our trip was taken and has been used to book all kinds of flightsn in the US & Mexico.

We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2006
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2006

I wish I would have know about these other reviews before I stayed there. This hotel was really bad. There were cockroaches in my room when I arrived. I also saw some in the restaurant and bar. Thay sprayed my room twice but I still saw a few on the second night. That was disgusting and the management didn't seem to care about it at all. When I aslked for a different room they said I would need to pay the difference in rate since my rate only qualified for the room I reserved. In addition, the pool was green in color the whole time we were there. I called their Phoenix reservation office to complain but they never returned my calls. I'm disputing the charges for my stay woth my credit card company. All in all it was awfull so buyer beware.

• Stayed June 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Peoria, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2006

For the same price, stay at the Playa Bonita. It is much nicer than this dump. The pool was so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom. Clean and bacteria free pools do not look like this. Despite what their website says, they are not three blocks away from the beach. There was no beach. Just streets of sand. Our room smelled absolutely awful and there was brown stuff smeared on the walls. They debited my card today for $122.08 and I feel like my money was just stolen. What a waste.

• Stayed May 2006