“Very pleasant time!”

Playa Bonita Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
“Very pleasant time!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time. Rooms are nice, service was average, food at the restaurant was ok. Very nice location so close to the beach. Open parking lot but felt safe. I wish they have wifi in the rooms as they only have it in the lobby. Not too much to watch on TV about 8 channels mostly in Spanish. Beds are a bit on the hard side but not too bad.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Chavarria85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
richmond, VA
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was such a wonderful resort. The best bang for your buck in Rocky Point. It was very safe and comfortable and the front desk staff are bilingual and absolutely delightful! We ate the morning buffet 2 days and it was good but the same thing each day. There was a good variety of Mexican morning favorites which quite differ from the American breakfast. It was a little pricey I thought for Mexico ($10). I traveled with 6 of my friends, all Hispanic (I was the only Gringo) and they really enjoyed it. As I said it was good, just not quite my cup of tea for breakfast. There are plenty of other places to go to eat breakfast.

The beach and water were absolutely beautiful and wonderful! The beach venders can be a little annoying but usually go away with a "no thank you." However, if you do decide to buy something it will be like feeding the seagulls on the beach.

We had such a marvelous time and you won't find a nicer, safer place in Rocky Point for the money. If you want an inexpensive weekend to the beach, Playa Bonita is for you. I will definitely be back and THIS is MY resort.

Room Tip: I don't know if they had a fitness center or not but they do have a spa. We did not order room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank merimedicn
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed August 19, 2013

just got back from rocky point worst trip ever, been there many times always had a great time, but this time we caught the hotel security inside our room stealing money from my wallet he took 900 dollars I was only able to recover 300 I do not recommend anyone to stay there, if you cant trust security who can you.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Jose b

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Penasco hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our family of five in two rooms have just returned from a two night stay here. We arrived late at 8pm and still had to wait 30 mins for our rooms to be ready. The hold up aparantly was the doors were being fixed ????? at 8pm at night not good enough. The rooms are old,bathroom was terrible,bed uncomfortable, air conditioner very noisy. We had to have it on as cool as possible to block out all the noisey kids running up and down the hallway at all hrs of the day and night. Yes I had read all the other reviews so I knew what I was getting. For the hefty price we paid it was disappointing. On the upside you are only in the room to sleep. Position wise on the beach is fabulous and the restaurant next door was ok but handy if you don't want to drive into town. Next time we are in Rocky Point we'll try a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Payson, Arizona
Reviewed June 24, 2013

You'll consider it to be pretty rough if you're picky but I'm pretty tolerant. The location is really good. It's right on the beach (and the beach is absolutely wonderful) and town is just a few minutes away, with lots of shops, restaurants and friendly people. The hotel has a good restaurant too. The rooms are the problem. I had to coat the runner on the sliding glass door to the patio with soap before it would open and close without getting a hernia. The curtains were hanging down. The air conditioner is wall-mounted and very loud. Bathroom sink empties very slowly ... Beginning to see a pattern? But - it is Mexico and it's on the beach and life moves a little slower there. And my wife and I have stayed there every year for about the last 15 so it's obviously tolerable.

Room Tip: Always ask for a beach-front room, not just beach-view. And don't get a room on the far east end...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Merritt P
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Highly recommended for family trips. Clean hotel, nice and friendly staff, and premium beach access. You can't really beat the location of this place. It is right in the middle of Sandy Beach with the best view in the whole area in my opinion.
Pros: Nice views from every room, price, location, easy access to the next-door restaurant, safe with ample parking being monitored by security personnel 24/7, 5 mins drive to the town and all of its resources.
Cons: Lots of kids (lots!) playing around all the time (This is a con if you are planning a single or romantic vacation), a bit outdated rooms, restaurant is a little overpriced (maybe because of the great view it has)... and that's all I can think of for now.
Overall we had a blast during our recent vacation! Puerto Penasco is totally worth to be consider as vacation point for people living in AZ and CA.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CarlosVent
scottsdale
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Checked in around noon on Friday 5/10...Room was fine. Spent the day on the beach. When we got back to our room, the bathroom was completely flooded with water from the toilet.We went down to the front desk to request another room. They refused to give us another room, although they had rooms available that were reserved but guests had not checked in. They told me that they would send someone to clean the water. Had to explain this was not a cleaning issue, but rather a maintenance issue. Was told I would have to wait for them to send someone to look at it. Asked if we could move and they can then fix the issue while no one was checked in. Again they refused to move us. I asked them to refund our money and to my surprise the guy handed me cash as a refund for my two night stay (american dollars). This was too bad as I've stayed here before, but will not again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple