All reviews bed and breakfast homemade breakfast each morning sunset cruise in town place to stay rocky point sarah mermaid puerto community relaxation blast accommodations border
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

For sure you will be feeling like you're at home as soon as you check in. Couldn't be more pleased. The service that was given to my friends and I was more than we could have asked for. Will be coming back very soon

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Renee S, Owner at Inn At San Luis, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

So happy to hear you’re coming back soon! We love being your place to venture from and return to while you play and experience Puerto Penasco.

Reviewed May 6, 2017

Sarah and Renee are two lovely ladies we had the pleasure to meet! Their hospitality, friendliness and beautiful personalities makes the Inn At San Luis feel like home! The rooms are so clean, the beds are comfy and the location is close to everything! The ladies helped us so much and gave us a map to the city we would have been lost on more than one occasion without the map! Thank you ladies so much for making us feel at home we will be back! I recommend the Inn to everyone!

Room tip: Room 4 is separate from the other rooms and very quiet.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Renee S, Owner at Inn At San Luis, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2017

We are looking forward to your return. It is our pleasure helping direct you to all of the wonderful areas of Puerto Penasco to discover and experience. Your room is always ready - so make it soon - and often!

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

Sarah and Renee were fabulous hosts. My husband and I arrived late on Friday night and they were very accommodating to a late night check in. They went out of their way to give advice about the best local attractions and made sure we were comfortable! If you're looking for a comfortable, clean, professional inn - this is a must stay!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Renee S, Owner at Inn At San Luis, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Thank you for staying with us for your weekend getaway. We are happy you enjoyed the hospitality as much as we enjoyed you being here. There are some really great things to do in Puerto Penasco that involve more than the glorious water! Thanks for sharing your adventures and pictures with the newest attraction, Rocky Point Zipline. Come back soon for more high flying thrills and nightly coziness.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

I visited Puerto Penasco to have a lot of dental work done that was going to take a week. I wanted to stay in a small place and away from the crowds and hub-bub, where I could rest and recuperate, and be close to the dentist. I stayed at Inn at San Luis, and it was even more than I hoped for.

The owners, Renee and Sarah are very cool ladies and even offered to take me to and from my appointments, which I didn’t take them up on, but that they offered touched my heart. The night before my appointment they invited me to have dinner with the, and we walked to a taco restaurant around the corner, just a block away. What a treat for me.

I was lucky enough to be their only guest for a couple of days, and I know I got extra personal attention. They even made me a batch of delicious, home-made chicken soup so I didn’t have to worry about finding food suitable for a dental patient. They cared and I felt special.

I love to debate and I found out they will even argue with you if you ask them nicely. I couldn’t figure out how to get my laptop connected to the internet, and they fixed that too.

My room was great. My bed was perfect to sleep and sprawl out on and read. I opened the window and watched the curtains blow in the breeze as I drifted off to sleep. I had everything I wanted and I know I had an easier time because I was so comfortable, felt safe and didn’t worry about anything. Even my car was parked inside the gate at night. A few evenings, I wanted to walk on the beach and wade in the water. The ladies pointed me in the right direction and even I couldn’t get lost, it was almost a straight shot from my room.

I will be back in a few weeks to complete my dental work. I’ve talked with my family and agreed we are coming for a family reunion later this summer. Don’t tell, but we are going to ask if we can hire the ladies to cook for us.

I give Inn at San Luis a sky full of stars. Thank you very much, or as they say there, Muchas Gracias!

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Renee S, Owner at Inn At San Luis, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2017

Thank you for your very kind review. Unlike the traveler who visits for sun and pleasure, you choose to visit Puerto Penasco to address dental needs. Medical issues can be very stressful and we are so pleased that you found staying with us made your recovery easier. Having a family reunion south of the border sounds fabulous. In the meantime, when you return for your next dentist appointment we look forward to saying “dar una buena acogida” (welcome back).

Reviewed April 19, 2017

I stayed at The Inn at San Luis over my spring break and couldn't be happier with my experience. It was my first trip to Mexico and I had a very ambitious list of things I wanted to do while there. The Inn is no more than 5 minutes away from all that Puerto Peñasco has to offer, from the beach, to the shops, to the dunes. The staff was more than accommodating, and prepared wonderful breakfasts each morning(I'd go back just for the muffins). The rooms were clean and fresh towels were always available, Rene and Sarah were there when you needed them and were happy to help when you were planning out your day. The suggestions they made for day to day activities were extremely helpful to us in planning our days, they are very well connected to the community and were able to suggest the touristy places as well as the places off the beaten path. I was nervous about the possibility of our rental car being broken into when we first crossed the border, but the Inn feels bulletproof! The entire Inn is extremely well fenced in and has gate that is locked at night, felt very safe.

Room tip: All the rooms were recently remodeled, a great value for the price!
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Renee S, Owner at Inn At San Luis, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

We are thrilled to know your first trip to Mexico was a great one! Isn't Puerto Penasco wonderful? It was a pleasure to host you and your group - we really enjoyed sharing the flounder you caught, as much as you enjoyed our Morning Glory Muffins. Create a reason to come back soon. How about Saint Flounder Day? We'll celebrate with you.