All reviews swim up bar rocky point memorial day weekend wrap around balcony rented condo looking forward to going back convenient store family vacation every morning pool area great beach main pool hour drive in town bedroom pools ocean
Reviewed August 6, 2018

arrived friday night at 8pm. quick service in the extremely overheated lobby, yes it was August and i don't understand why the lobby doors were open and the AC was off. The clerk was very nice, no one should have to sit there in those temps. Elevators were very hot too. when i say hot, i mean, you step in and start sweating. we were in room 408. the linens for the pull out couch were dirty and smelled as if someone had urinated on them. we asked Cesear the next morning and throughout the day for a clean set. no one ever brought a set up. The patio chairs were torn. The washer leaked as did the master bath shower, which i see has been identified in other post. Mold in the first bathroom shower. upon leaving i went to front desk, they needed both keys my hubby was still up in room. we waited for him about 5 minutes. she then told me it would be 15-20 min wait for the room to be checked to get our 200 cash deposit returned. it took 22 minutes. I found that ridiculous. Room overall fit our needs and was nice. Don't ever make a request for something you won't get it. also take your own beach towels none were provided. I would not stay here again, I Sun was more responsive to needs and treat their employees better.

Room Tip: go up high, noise level near the pool is high.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy J
Reviewed June 18, 2018

My family and I have been going to Rocky Point on Memorial Day weekend for the past 8 years. A lot has changed in the years but since the Sky opened it has been our favorite place! The condos are really nice and the pools and beach are great too! Now they have a restaurant if you want to stay on property. The view from your patio is one of the best views in the world! Nothing but beach and ocean! Beautiful!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have basically the same view. The patios get bigger the more rooms the condo has. Other than that they are the same.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

It was just me and the wife we enjoyed it but it wasn’t too romantic as there are a lot of kids around. They are having a great time and I get it and that’s awesome just not a calming as hoped. Convenient store was decent. Restaurant is highly rated. Beach area was very nice. Would definitely recommend for families

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

My wife,children and I had 3 1/2 days free so booked a short notice trip to Rocky Point(we go about 6 times a year). Some friends of ours were staying at the Sonoran Sky so we tried to book a room there. We never stayed at this resort before but the online photos looked great. We got the last available room, room 405☠️. The resort looked great when we checked in very nice amenities and the food by the pool was great. The room however, the furniture was peeling and handles broken on dressers. The door handle was broken off the bathroom door so you couldn’t close it or you’d be locked out, there was pubic hair on the toilet even though there was a just cleaned sign on it, they had the wrong coffee filters for the coffee pot, no complementary shampoos or soap to was your hands and the only condiments in the kitchen was an empty salt and pepper shaker. When I went to call the front desk that the door handle to the bathroom was broken I realized that the room phone was just a prop with no cord! I went to my friends larger room to use their phone and it was a fabulous room, room 302. When I told the front desk about the issues with the room they said he’ll put in a work order. Well it’s the 4th day and no one ever came to fix anything. One more thing we were told the room had WiFi and it didn’t . So in a nutshell nice resort and had a good time anyway but I would advise to not book room 405.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank BruceJ487
Reviewed May 23, 2018

We stayed in room 1410 at the Sonoran Sky, it is a corner unit with 1100 ft wrap around balcony and spectacular views. The room was beautifully decorated in a tiki theme. It had a bar and barbque on the patio. All 4 bedrooms had comfortable beds and stocked bathrooms.
The owner text me after we arrived to check on our status and gave me instructions for the blue tooth sound bar, which really made a difference. The kitchen is well stocked with a variety of cooking items and spices. We have stayed in other resort penthouses and prefer this condo. Very spacious and perfect for having a great time in Mexico. Will stay there again on the next time down to Rocky Point.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends