“Relaxation and Rejuvenating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonoran Sky Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Penasco
Sonoran Sky Resort
You added Sonoran Sky Resort to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
“Relaxation and Rejuvenating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Sonoran Sky Resort was absolutely incredible. Beautiful spacious suite, sandy non-crowded beaches, blue/green water, and the pools were delightful. Service has the right touch, pleasant, helpful and not annoying. The spa massage was the right touch. This is the place to be! Total Relaxation and mind, body, soul rejuvenating...and safe!

Room Tip: Choosing a great room is easy...they are all great! Just tell the staff what you are looking for and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank E2M-coach

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was my 5th or 6th stay at the Sonoran Sky resort and i felt like writing a review for the first time because our trip was epic. This trip was a mix of family and friends so we got together and rented one of the four bedroom four bath condos. Let me tell you, the condo was huge! Add to it the wrap around balcony with the pocket door that opens up the huge living room to the balcony and we were in heaven. The condo has two master suites. Of course the primary master is at the back and has a door to the balcony, huge bathroom with a tub, walk in shower, and two sinks. The second master located on the side had a sliding door to the side balcony and fom bed you can see the ocean, this master had a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and the enormous walk in shower had a in shower head. The two other guest bedrooms are located at the front by the door. Everything in the condo was covered in tile, solid granite,stainless steel, and natural woods. Very upscale. The rest of the resort has the same upscale feeling. I don't do gyms but they have a real nice gym on the ground level with large plate glass windows looking out over the ocean. There are three pools. One is a kids pool with shallow depth, the second pool has a negative edge which makes for an awesome visual. The third pool located on the lower deck has a swim up bar with stools. There is a fourth kids pool with a water slide. The bar area is a wooden deck with chaise lounges, hammocks and of course, the bar. They also had a grill and are now serving bar food (hamburgers, fish and Chips, tacos, quesadillas, hot dogs, etc... Nothing fancy) on our last day we smelt BBQ and noticed the 3rd floor has a deck extending out with charcoal grills and a playground. There was a family down there grilling shrimp. It smelt incredible. Overall, I love the sky. Everyone at the resort is super nice. I've never ad anything stolen from my room (iPad, iPhone, laptop, Nikon camera....) whenever we got back to our room beds were made and fresh towels in bathrooms. I highly recommend the Sonoran Sky.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank Todd L
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I highly recommend visiting the Sonoran Sky for either a vacation or just a social time spent on the beach in Rocky Point. The pools were fun and the visitors were friendly to me. It is ridiculously beautiful and the ladies were prevalent. The staff seemed pleasant and I already had the towels I needed and such so I didn't need them for much because everything was already handled. If you've never been to Mexico or want a mexican beach trip this is the way to go, i'll go back sometime for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor and was fine, all of the rooms are great though, just depends if you lik...
3 Thank Mike W
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sonoran Sky. I booked at the last minute, expecting to get the last choice availability and instead got an excellent room with a great view. The staff was super friendlily and accommodating, even with my last minute arrival. Everything was easy to find and I had a great vacation. Thanks Sonoran Sky!

Room Tip: Book your room earlier than I did. Remember there is a difference between ocean-front and ocean-view...
2 Thank Hector L
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed there over Memorial Day weekend and had an amazing time. The staff was helpful. The condo was clean and had extra blankets. The view was amazing and I could see all the way down the beach from my condo on the 8th floor.

Not only was the bed very comfortable for a vacation home, but there was the most wonderful view from the bed of the entire ocean!!

The pools were very unique and at a perfect temperature!

Room Tip: NW Corner condos that the best view of the beach and the ocean
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank TDB3825
Yakima, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was a bad experience. The room was very nice and the view was great. However, wind whistled through the windows so loudly that we could not sleep one of the two nights there. It sounded louder than a train that you were standing five feet away from. In addition, the tv did not work. It was removed and never returned during our two day stay in mid week. Worst of all was the lack of respect and attention from the staff. No one was present at times at front desk. I asked for a refund of $100.00. It took until June for me to get a refund of $31.00 out of the $400.00 bill. Phones calls were not returned, promises not kept, paper work not done. If I had not been stubborn, I would not have even received the measly compensation they provided.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Steve Z
Sedona, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I booked a three day stay based on the glowing reports on Trip Advisor. Perhaps they were true at one time, but we had an extremely bad experience. The staff was ill trained and apathetic. The resort had far fewer amenities than advertised. Our room was not ready when we arrived, so we were told we could wait a the poolside restaurant, but that was not allowed because we were wearing street clothes, not swimsuits. We talked and elected to move to the Penasco del Sol, where we were greeted warmly and had a great time at half the price.

A few days after we returned home, a fraudulent charge showed up on the credit card used to book the room. The charge was from Paris, France, and luckily the credit card company flagged it and contacted us immediately. That card us used rarely, and the only recent use was with the Sororan Sky.

It is a shame that this beatiful facility so poorly manged. Book at your own risk!

• 3 of 5 stars