“Good hotel, but not great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Colonial

Hotel Colonial
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Hermosillo
Monterrey, Mexico
“Good hotel, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel was good but not great. The rooms and the building looked very good. It seems they had just completed a restoration about a year ago. But they were still building a new conference center which had construction workers and materials near the lobby. A little off putting but nothing permanent and I'm sure it's gonna be a great addition to the hotel in the future. Another thing we didn't like was that the included free breakfast was really really meager. Only some fruit (apples), cereal, orange juice, milk and sliced bread. We didn't expect much because it was described as continental breakfast, but at least we expected a little more, like more fruit types, something else beside orange juice or maybe a more assorted variety of bread. Our other discomfort was that the bed was really really hard. This is probably a matter of taste, but we are not really fond of sleeping on something that resembles a wooden plank hehe..

Now, that was what we didn't like. On the good side: The pool and pool area was beautiful, and considering Hermosillo is a really hot city, this is a big plus. As I said before, the architecture looks great, too. The price was really fair. And the location next to the city's main mall and a museum is also something to compliment.

All in all, it was a good stay, but we'll keep trying other hotels when we go back to Hermosillo.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank flaria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I had the chance to Visit Hermosillo for the first time and stayed At hotel Colonial.
It was excellent Just Like the One In Cuidad Juarez Chih.
Staff was exceptional they helped us so much since we had 2 litlle ones traveling along,they loved the Pool very privated .Rooms are so clean and they have complementary breakfast ,Free wireless access.They called a taxi for us to take us to the Airport and is only about 20 mins away with trafic.
the Hotel had an event for the up coming Elections our room was about 7 rooms away from the event and we had no problems with noice it all...I can tell you we did not run with the same luck on our stay back from our trip at the Hotel San Angel In Hermosillo
So If you are in need of a hotel In Hermosillo Sonora Bussiness , vacation our passing thru HOTEL COLONIAL THE BEST IN HERMOSILLO SONORA.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

Hotel Colonial is an excellent choice when staying at Hermosillo, Sonora. Being a little away from downtown is just an opportunity to get around in the nice city of Hermosillo. Warm attention from everybody at this hotel. You find comfort in an fresh environment. The restaurant just accross the rooms has very good meals. Try the "jugo verde" a very healthy juice.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Tripnena
Pasadena, Ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2008

I had the pleasure to visit the Hotel Colonial in Hermissillo Mexico while playing bass in a band. We were in town for a big music festival. THe promoter made all the arrangements and he booked us in the Colonial.

Upon arrival I was impressed with the look of the facility. Very clean with a contemporary design. The rooms were of good size, clean with good cable selections on the TV. Free wireless access was a plus.

The restaurant had a buffet for breakfast and dinner. This may sound stupid, but if you want good Mexican food... go to Mexico. I stuffed myself on everything. The prices at the hotel seem to be more in line to American prices than Mexican. I paid 25 pesos for a can of beer ($2.50) . I went to the Wal-MArt and was able to buy a whole 6-pack for 25 pesos.

The pool was nice with lots of seating and a BBQ for grilling.

The area surrounding the hotel looks kind of seedy, but maybe that's just me. I was told not to walk to the store so I took a taxi that was parked at the front door.

No problems, would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank rock_botttom
Detroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2008

I have stayed at the Hotel Colonial many times in the last two years. The staff is exceptional. Any help we need or anything we want, we ask and they deliver. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Fresh bottles of water is supplied daily or whenever asked for.
My last stay was 6 weeks and I had absolutely no trouble with anything at the hotel. The hotel has a very beuatiful pool area which is very relaxing. I also enjoyed no problems with the new wireless connections they provide.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Beds are very hard.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank billdev
PHOENIX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

I was in this hotel with my family when going to guadalajara city and we felt a great hotel, we pay only 78 dollars a night. It is indeed very beautiful and the people are very nice ... bed is a little hard but the decoration and facilities are first class, clean and fun pool, gym small but good, the Internet never fails.
exit to the south or the north is very fast, , the breakfast buffet is free !!... I recommend it widely hotel because we did not have any fault and it's very nice, beautiful and cheap.

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank JONNY65
tucson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

My family and I were driving to stay in san carlos mexico for last weekend, and decided we would stop in hermosillo the night before to be rested in the morning. I saw the reviews on "the colonial" and believed them. Yikes! The staff was very nice when we got there, i will give them that. We paid 114 dollars, as this was supposed to be "luxury" ...yikes. you can find more luxury in a 25 dollar motel 6. The beds? HARD AS ROCKS. Seriously. It's an old mattress (s) stuck on a wooden plyboard! The room smelled pretty bad, there were stains on the carpets, and you had to put your key in a device to turn the lights on. not only that, but all the lights came on! you couldn't just close a few, the lights are on the roof of the room , so it either had to be pitch black or blazing light...very agitating.

The decoration of the room was ok, the bathroom was ok...but of course we woke up in the morning and the water wasnt running. I went outside and looked at the pool an it was nasty. the "breakfast buffet" was supposed to start at 6Am, it was 645 am and all they had was juice...so we left.

The people are very nice there. No drama in the night. But, oh my god, your back will kill you the next day. Their beds are STONES.
I walked into a vacant room and touched the bed. Same thing. They need to buy some matresses and boxsprings that are not from 1951. This is an honest review...I have never written one before, but feel compelled to warn others...don't say i didn't warn you.

• Liked — leaving in the morning
  • Disliked — the beds were like sleeping on the street, only less comfortable
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family