“Beautiful hotel”

Quinta Real Aguascalientes
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Aguascalientes
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I took my wife to Quinta Real Aguascalientes for Valentines Day and am I glad we did! The grounds are just beautiful, from the fountains outside our room to the pool to the elegant dining room. We stayed in a grand class suite for which we paid almost 2000 pesos. The room was very clean and elegant(theres that word again) with artwork and a separate sitting area. We enjoyed the jacuzzi! Be sure and get the American breakfast delivered to your room. We ordered one to share between us, and it's a good thing we did. Talk about a lot of food. Eggs, bacon, chilaquiles, beans, 5 kinds of fruit, a bowl with sweet breads including donuts, juice, and a pot of coffee. Even with two of us, we couldn't finish all of it. The service was wonderful from the front desk, to the bellman, to the one who brought us a fan, to the room service.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Negley81

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We were at Quinta Real Aguascalientes for 2 days. I have stayed in other 5 star hotels in this city and this was the best by far, from the moment of reserving the hotel online the best available rate. I saw later a promotion including breakfast for the same rate, so I e-mailed reservations asking to change the rate for the one on the promotion. Not only did they change the rate, Ms. Ornelas mentioned another promotion including also a free upgrade if available, and wine. Excellent service. The personel at the restaurant was amazing too. They always remembered my preference for fresh guavas in the morning with my fruit, and they fullfilled every wish. Thumbs up! The room was beautiful, It looked like I was in a palace, with the big plaza and fountain just by opening my doors. Highly recomended, worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cesar L
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We went to the Quinta Real Aguascalientes on a Thursday night to celebrate my parents' 55th anniversary. What a beautiful setting! For most of the evening we were one of only two tables being served and being served very well.

We live in Mexico and I have learned that I should first ask how much the traditional margarita costs before ordering. I neglected to do that and we were fairly shocked to find it on the bill for 175 pesos (when normally I wouldn't order it if it is more than 70) - but that was my fault.

The wine list seemed good, but only one reasonably priced red and white to choose from (I consider 'reasonable' about $25-30/bottle).

We chose two appetizers to share between four of us. The ceviche and arrachera in a lava bowl. Both OUTSTANDING. I was quite excited to experience the main dish.

My mom ordered duck - she said it tasted nice but we had to get a steak knife to even start to cut it - most of it got left behind as it was uneatable. She said the mashed potato/sweet potato garnish was delicious.

My dad ordered red snapper - he enjoyed it.

My husband ordered sea bass - he said the flavour was OK, but the fish was overcooked and dried out.

I ordered the tequila shrimp - the 4 shrimp were cooked to a perfect texture but there was no flavour to speak of.

It seemed they tried to drown everything in too much tasteless sauce.

So, for a $250+ dinner: The atmosphere was more than worth it, the wine was worth it, the service was worth it and the appetizers were worth it - The main dish (which is most important and the most expensive) and the margaritas were a HUGE disappointment.

We enjoyed the evening, but the 55th anniversary celebration was not as successful as I would have liked it to be.

If we go again we will go only for a treat and have the appetizers and a glass of wine.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie E
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Wow! The service I received in this hotel was absolutely outstanding! The staff is extremely professional and went out my way to fulfill my needs and requests in every way! The restaurant was great as well and everyone greets you with a genuine smile. I will definately stay here on future visits.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank VAQUERO1
Reviewed August 27, 2010

My friend got married at the Quinta Real and from the website I was impressed. Even though this hotel is located further away from many of the hot spots it is very private and provides great service. It is an upscale hotel that offers many amenities and the best is that I felt really safe. You see security dressed in suits walking outside the hotel parking lot at all hours. This hotel caters to singles, family and kids. I would stay again at this location again and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank EL_GQ
Reviewed February 25, 2010

One of the most beautiful hotels in Mexico, with great service and a very good restaurant.
A little expensive but worths every penny

Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Can't remember the names of all the staff members who went out of their way to make this an absolutely wonderful, memorable visit, but a few who come to mind are Raul, Hector Jimenez, Angel, Cruz, Alejandro, and some wonderful ladies. The luxurious facilities were way beyond expectation and almost beyond belief. Would come back here in a heartbeat, hands down.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Aguascalientes hotels
Aguascalientes Marriott Hotel
#18 of 34 in Aguascalientes
Las Trojes
Las Trojes
#17 of 34 in Aguascalientes

Been to Quinta Real Aguascalientes? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quinta Real Aguascalientes

Address: Avenida Aguascalientes Sur No 601 | Jardines de la Asunción, Aguascalientes 20270, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Central Mexico and Gulf Coast > Aguascalientes > Aguascalientes
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Family Hotel in Aguascalientes
#3 Luxury Hotel in Aguascalientes
#4 Business Hotel in Aguascalientes
Price Range: $91 - $150 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Quinta Real Aguascalientes 4*
Quinta Real Aguascalientes is located in a serene section of the city life. Its colonial architecture is undeniably breathtaking, complemented with his blooming gardens, outdoor swimming and the essential amenities only Quinta Real can offer. Los Murales Restaurante Open 7:00 a.M. To 1:00 a.M. Los Murales Bar Open 1.00 P.M. To 1:00 .M. Swimming pool open 7:oo a.M. To 7:00 p.M. Business Center open 24 hours. Quinta Real Aguascalientes is close to serveral fun and exciting attractions: Museo Descubre, 5 min walking Aguascalientes Theater, 5 min walking Plaza Vestir, 10 min by car National San Marcos Fair, 15 min by car Aguascailentes Museum, 15 min by car Guadalupe Posada Museum, 10 min by car Museum of Death, 15 min by car ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Quinta Real Aguascalientes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Quinta Real Aguascalientes