All reviews swim up bar rv park nice pool the owner the river pool area christmas dinner off season love this place cold night off the highway the wi fi one night stay rooms are clean many years whale watching johnson
Reviewed April 8, 2016

I booked through email and send my credit card information twice as they said it didn't go through the first time. I emailed to confirm reservation before leaving Seattle and never got a response. When we arrived at hotel after long flight and drive up from Loreto we found they had no record of the reservation and since it was Easter week there were no rooms available. Hotel appeared to be fairly run down and locals later told us we were better off not staying there. We ended up having a nice stay at Clementines Bed and Breakfast about 5 min away.

Room tip: Book somewhere else more reliable
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2016 via mobile

Wow, this is a very nice hotel and the price is perfect. The only reason that I didn't give this hotel a rating of 5 is no internet in the rooms and no English channels on the TV. Otherwise this hotel is off the charts good!! Now that I know about this place I will stay here every time I come down here. Who ever owns this place should be congratulated for training their staff in the art of customer service. Perfect service!!!!!!!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2016

A bit on the primitive side but clean and friendly
Nice crew
Good food
Convenience
This is my review and I don't have two hundred words to describe a one night stay
Does it help that the owner is Don Johnson?

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed March 11, 2016

This is a difficult one to comment on.

The hotel was unique in that I have never stayed in a hotel before with its own airstrip and it had all the facilities to be a lovely hotel, but it was very dated.

Despite me saying it is dated, clearly people aren't too bothered because it was fully booked when we arrived and we only just about managed to get the last room. This hotel has so much potential but a good refurbishment and a good spring clean wouldn't go a-miss. There is a good sized bar area, a swimming pool and a large park in order to park RV's and our room was of a good size. Plus the staff were very friendly.

In summary I felt like nothing has changed in this hotel since the 1960's.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2016

This hotel has gone downhill in the past years. It is run-down and unattractive. Leaky roofs, bad paint rock-hard beds. It was very disappointing to see the changes. The pool was nice, but cool. We had 5 rooms, some didn't ever get hot water for a shower.

Date of stay: February 2016