2,342 results
All reviewsduck pondgroupon deallog fireleisure facilitiesjacuzzi bathmanager waynefour poster bedquiz nightevening mealreception areadog friendly hotelvenisontwo nightsthree course mealbreakfast was buffet stylelake districtfamily room
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Me,my friend and little daughter called into the hotel for a drink and to look around having watched the programme.The staff were very friendly,communal areas very clean and a big thankyou to Wayne for taking time out to spend some time chatting to us.Will definately be returning for stay.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank suemac15
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I planned a weekend away with my hubby for our wedding anniversary. I did watch a few episodes of the channel 4 programme but decided to form my own opinion. We were pleasantly surprised. I am so glad I didn't cancel. We had a great time. My advice - IGNORE the tv programme and go see for yourself. We didn't have great weather but that's the Lakes for you!
Keep up the good work Wayne, Kirk and Co, you're doing a brilliant job!
The Robbos from West yorkshire

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robbo15956
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Four friends and I meet up once a year for a reunion. The last three years we have been to Damson Dene staying three nights bed breakfast and evening meal each time.
The friendly laid back atmosphere of the hotel, the very good rooms, the excellent food and the care and consideration of all the staff contributed greatly to the good time we all had.
Before we left we booked another break for June next year (it is also such good value).
We are all mature ladies with a good deal of experience of hotels.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We stayed at the Damson Dene in May, It was fantastic, dont take any notice of the tele , we had the best time, staff are happy and helpful, manager sooo funny with his stories.

We took our 6 month old puppy so was a little worried, but she was treated as any other dog, nothing was any trouble, grounds are lovely, hotel itself great, food was fantastic better than some 5 star hotels we have stayed in around the world. we even sat with locals in the bar as they said the food was well known to be excellent at Damson Dene, cannot get better endorsement than that can you.

We loved it so much we have booked again for christmas , cannot wait

Timmy2

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Timmy2
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I stayed in the Damson Dene with my four children and husband a couple of days ago and what a pleasant stay we had. All the staff made me and my family very welcome and staff were great with my children Amos had a photo taken with them and spoke with them for a while which made my children happy. The food was excellent great choices and great childrens menu. The Leisure facilities were good and very clean, the room we stayed in was a family room which was spacious fitted all six of us in nicely and very clean. We will be stopping again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family