Review Highlights

Reviewed December 31, 2017
572neilc
Gravesend, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews an unforgettable experience his enthusiasm pilot sites lakes airfield aviation
Reviewed April 24, 2018

The Lakes Gyroplane, what an experience. Roger, a really great man who puts you at ease as soon as you meet him. His enthusiasm of aviation & making you feel at ease is second to none. The flight it self was unbelievable & Rogers knowledge of the Lakes & surrounding areas mean you have an informative safe trip. I would recommend this to anyone. Thank you Roger for making this a perfect Birthday present.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

My wife kindly bought me a voucher to fly with Roger. We own a lodge at nearby Thanet Well Park so the location could not have been better. After 2 cancellations due to the good old British weather, we finally found a day that was clear and cold with excellent visibility.

Roger suggested meeting at 3pm as the gusts were due to subside. The safety briefing made me feel at ease and safe in the knowledge that Roger has years of experience flying all sorts of aircraft. From the moment you enter the gyrocopter Roger is in constant communication relaying what he is doing.

The views were absolutely outstanding. Rogers knowledge of the hills, villages, historic houses and sites that you fly over gave me a really good insight of the local surroundings. The hours flight passed in no time and we were landing very calmly back at the airfield before I knew it.

If you enjoy this sort of experience, I would highly recommend a visit. I will certainly be back

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed September 29, 2017

From the initial briefing until the landing Mr Savage was the ultimate professional both in his flying skills and his knowledge of the area as the flight progressed, giving a most interesting commentary throughout along with words of reassurance should one be on the nervous side.While the magnificient views were enough in themselves, to be given the opportunity to take over the controls of this superb flying machine and the excellent tuition giving you the confidence to do so, Mr Savage creates an unforgettable experience and one I hope I am able to repeat in the not so distance future.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Alan T
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Roger Savage is that increasingly rare thing in aviation, a highly experienced professional who has retained an infectious enthusiasm for his trade. It is impossible to resist his evident love for gyrocopters and this makes flying at Berrier fun and fulfilling. The airfield is a gem, situated just inside the Lakes National Park, with fantastic views on every side. I thoroughly enjoyed my initiation to gyrocoptering and greatly appreciated Roger's warmth and generosity in wanting to make the flight a memorable experience for me and my earth-bound partner.
Behind the bonhomie is a seasoned aviation mind and impeccable airmanship, making the whole experience safe, fun and relaxed. We would recommend Roger to anyone interested in a joyride, a trial lesson or for training towards licences and ratings. You will be in excellent hands.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

I was given this experience as a birthday present and it was fab. The views were amazing and Roger was very reassuring of any nerves. The flight itself was brilliant and highly recommended!!!!

Date of experience: March 2017