All reviews ullswater suite holiday village continental breakfast bose sound system lake district night porter self catering secret escapes fell view small kitchen duplex suite hotel room steam room and sauna king size reception staff car park crazy golf
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely weekend away. The hotel was outstanding from start to finish... the staff are an asset to the hotel. I think her name was Kez? But she was lovely!

The Eden Bar / Cafe is lovely, breakfast with a view every morning. The evening meal was to die for!! And the portions were HUGE!

The leisure facilities were spotless and the opening times were great.

We tried very hard to fault the hotel, but we really really couldn’t!

Will definitely be returning, but booking through the hotel direct, you get better deals xx

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Whitbarrow, Manager at The Whitbarrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

What a wonderful review to receive, thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Whitbarrow Hotel. It is brilliant to see that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you are already looking to return for another visit. Chez and the rest of the team were delighted to receive such high praise and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

3rd time visiting,and it's stunning. The ladies on reception are friendly and welcoming. I Always stay in the Fell View Suite which consists of the bedroom upstairs. The view from the furnished balcony is beautiful. It's modern and very comfortable. The kitchenette is sufficient enough to prepare a decent meal with all the crocker etc you need. With a lovely spacious bathroom with 'his' and 'her' sinks! Breakfast which was included was small but tasty, the croissants are to die for! Not used the pool area so can't comment but it looks inviting.
The purpose of my stays at the Whitbarrow Hotel are solely for escaping the hustle and bustle of city life and to have a lil 'me' time, and that I get each and everytime Ive stayed! I've already booked 2 more trips for 2020!

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

Firstly I would like to thank all the very hard working staff they are so friendly and helpful, our room was a deluxe which had 2 floors with balcony and was simply fantastic, excellent shower and bathroom fridge microwave everything needed for a short stay.
Love how the place is in middle of nowhere but only 20 minutes max from most major tourist spots.
The Eden bar has plenty of choice and the prices are very reasonable good to see they aren’t ripping off working class people.
Ate here every breakfast and twice in restaurant and found the food to be excellent the breakfast is lovely even if the plate is not overloaded
I will highly recommend this place to everyone and look forward to returning

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed December 31, 2019

We have stayed in Whitbarrow a couple of times as it is convenient as a travel base and is surrounded by great scenery. We were looking forward to using the restaurant as we had enjoyed a couple of good meals, 12 months ago. Unfortunately I can not say the meal was good this time. I have never before had to return a meal because I could not eat it. The steak was so tough, I couldn't get through it with the steak knives. The second one cooked and brought through was marginally better and I was at least able to eat some of it. I was told that someone had complained the night before and that it was the steak not the chef. So why was it still being served. In fairness the cost was removed from my bill, but it spoiled our last night in Whitbarrow.

Reviewed December 30, 2019

As the title!
Stayed for one night and we should have booked for more on our trip.
Reception very welcoming and friendly.
Our room was huge with all mod cons and very comfy bed. Shower excellent. A small kitchenette was in the room, a microwave and hob but no cooker but could easily be utilised for a weeks stay.
Lovely little balcony which would be fab in the summer months.
Pub food in the restaurant/bar but ok for a quick meal, again the service and staff were commendable.
The breakfast was of very high quality and very tasty, the only tiny gripe was it was very small with only one of everything and would not be substantial to set you up for a walking day
Did not use pool etc but looked fab, defiantly would use if we stayed again
Would recommend if in area, but not sure if I would want to say in the summer due to the huge site of cottages and caravans etc, but pleased that the hotel area was adult only.