We stayed in the disabled friendly suite for the second time this October (2013). It is very well set out and excellently equipped for self-catering. Access for the disabled is very straightforward and parking is right outside the door.
The grounds are really well laid out and maintained and it was lovely to be greeted by the ducks in the morning as we left the suite.
It was a pleasure every time we had an interaction with the staff, they couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We had a lightbulb go, and it was replaced almost immediately, even though it wasn't inconveniencing us at all.
We used the gym, which is OK for a holiday facility and the restaurant was good value with a varied menu.
Overall a great trip with a 91 year old relative, made all the better by the facilities and the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just fifteen minutes from the M6 motorway, halfway between Penrith and Keswick and a mere five minutes from Ullswater, The Whitbarrow Village resort sits beneath the famous blencathra fell (also known locally as Saddleback) and offers both luxury and serenity to all who visit – as well as easy access to the delights of The Lake District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Whitbarrow Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seasons Holidays Whitbarrow Village Hotel Berrier
- Whitbarrow Village Cumbria, England