I did an Interval exchange with this resort, first one in England and I was pleasantly surprised. I was based in one of the Newer Ullswater suites which are Studio type accommodation for 2 people. It was very spacious, had a well appointed kitchen with Microwave, hob, dishwasher, plenty of utensils etc. Table and chairs for 4. Comfy settee at the end of the bed with a wall mounted flatscreen TV and BOSE DVD/Sound system unit. Plenty of wardrobe space and drawer space. Patio doors opened out onto the patio with chairs and table. Unit was nice and warm, I had to turn off the radiator in the main room as it got too hot during the night. The Bed is a normal UK double and was very comfortable, Egyptian cotton bed linen, I ended up sleeping just under the bed throw as I was hot even with the heating off! Double hand-basins in the bathroom with plenty of nice clean towels, one thing I didn't like and passed a comment onto the resort was the bath water outlet, it was in the middle of the bath but overhung the batch by about 8 inches, so you had to be careful not to back into it when having a shower, or burning yourself with hot water when in the bath.
There is a nice small swimming pool with Jacuzzi, sauna and gym, you can use your own towels or rent one for a £5 deposit. Although I didnt eat in the Eden Restaurant it has good reviews. The Sportsman and Boot and Shoe pubs are just a 5 minute drive away and again have good reports. There is free Wifi access in the lobby and bar but this is a trek from some of the units, I was right next to the lobby and couldnt get a signal unless I went through to reception.
Coming in from the main A66 from Penrith you need to turn right just after the 'Farm Shop' sign on the left and the Sportsman Pub on the hill on the right. Once onto the side roads you will see the first Seasons direction signs. Visited Keswick, Derwentwater and Cockermouth which were all lovely, I had forgotten how beautiful the Lake District is after many years away. This resort is a hidden GEM, off to Brunston Castle next week and hope its as nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just fifteen minutes from the M6 motorway, halfway between Penrith and Keswick and a mere five minutes from Ullswater, The Whitbarrow Village resort sits beneath the famous blencathra fell (also known locally as Saddleback) and offers both luxury and serenity to all who visit – as well as easy access to the delights of The Lake District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Whitbarrow Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seasons Holidays Whitbarrow Village Hotel Berrier
- Whitbarrow Village Cumbria, England