Firstly, this review is a positive one in that we found a new modern feeling Hilton branded hotel that offered what we were looking for during our time in South Western England. The rooms are of good size and modern feeling. The lobby was the same, and overall this was a good quality Hampton.
As a gold/diamond member with Hilton we remain quite loyal to the brand but, right or wrong, that does come with a different expectation in the overall experience. Where we felt there was a lower level of Hilton Service was in the overall face to face customer experience. While some of the staff were quite nice, friendly, and quick to react we had more then enough experiences there that were the opposite such that it was important to note (and hopefully improve upon). The general disinterest in going the extra mile was a surprise in a Hilton branded hotel. When addressing a small issue such as answering a call there was a rather short dismissal and no attempt to help resolve or apologize for the inconvenience. It's these things that can taint an experience and they are small, avoidable things.
We had a noteable exception with a gentleman that was either a manager, owner, etc. He gave us the impression of someone invested in the Hilton brand, it's high level of service, and interested in the positive experiences of it's guests. He did nothing special nor did we address any issues with him but the general impression was positive.
Some recommendations for improvement in rooms:
1. As mentioned in some other posts, and quite easy to fix, the modern sliding door to the bathroom is a great design. The exception however is the slide well, fast and bang closed. With some felt padding, or rubber padding between the doors would result in a lower level of general banging which occurs throughout your stay.
2. Where the carpets meet tile it would be valuable to check upon the carpet tacking and ensure they can't be felt underneath your foot step. With a toddler around we did ensure she was safe but we could feel them quite strongly underneath our feet when simply standing in the area. Could be a bit of safety area.
1. Room spec with the ceiling to almost floor window is great, especially with a curious toddler.
2. Travel cot provided was a very good quality and the under padding was a nice quality touch
3. Lobby and breakfast offer was typical of a Hampton, and offered most of what you could want for breakfast. If you're looking to put necessary sustenance into your system before work or travel then you should not be disappointed.
4. Restaurant located next door is quite nice, and decently priced.
5. From this location you can get back and forth to most of South West England in less then 2 hours drive (yes we were happy with that sort of drive as we made many stops). So, if you're loyal to Hilton brand this can still serve your need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern hotel in the heart of Devon, just next to Exeter Airport. Our spacious Hampton hotel is conveniently located adjacent to Exeter airport, the home of Flybe and only five minutes from the M5 motorway (J29)and A30. Enjoy easy access to the historical city of Exeter, just five miles away and explore its beautiful Cathedral, Roman ruins, superb shopping facilities and interesting medieval underground passages dating back to the 14th Century. The hotel is also a perfect gateway to discover the delights of Devon, Cornwall, Dorset and Somerset and is just a short drive from the beautiful Jurassic coastline. Hotel Facts •Located adjacent to Exeter airport and only five minutes from the M5 motorway •Five miles from Exeter City, offering historical attractions, shops and dining •Close to many important businesses including Flybe and EDF Energy •120 clean and comfortable guest rooms, accessible rooms available •100% Hampton guarantee Rooms & Suites. Included in Every Stay •Free hot breakfast •Comfy Hampton bed(R) •Free WiFi in every room •Gym/fitness center use ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.