“Great crack,super location,A1 facilities,Definately going back.”
Review of Boutique Camping

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castletown Geoghegan
Boutique Camping
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I read some of the negative reviews and to be honest I think these people expected hotel type accommodation and service,when in reality it was a flash tent in a field,maybe some people are not cut out for this kind of " roughing" it,there were 12 of us staying 2 nights to celebrate a40th birthday,we were met by Deirdre who showed us the way,the toilets and shower blocks were self explanatory and in good order,clean etc,the yurts themselves were spotless and I have to say warm and cosy without the fire,which we lit anyway,I had one of the best nights sleep I had in ages,the communal area has 4fridges and enough cooking space for 8frying pans,it too was spotless,aslong as each user can be bothered to leave it the way it was found,which was clean in the first place,the toilets are not minutes from the yurts as stated by one tenant,merely seconds away,the local pub is only minutes away,it is however dark at night,obviously,so we brought small led lights(4€),which did the trick,it all adds to the adventure,and anyone expecting street lights along the pathways doesn't realise where they are going and why in my opinion,phones can be charged in the communal areas but it's away from all of that I think is the core attraction here,but still available for those who can't survive without technology for 2days,on the whole,great place,lovely people and friendly locals,put altogether,was the best weekend I had in many years.........

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Nips147

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Myself and my 8yr old daughter get precious little time together alone so we decided to go Glamping to Mullingar for a couple of nights. It was just lovely and rustic yet the yurts were so comfortable and dry! It rained and rained but we still had a lovely time, we had a barbecue the first evening and roasted marshmallows. Our yurt awaited us with a welcoming fire in the stove. We lit our candles and told stories. We cycled around the farm and met the resident dog, kitten and pony. Adrian and Deirdre and all their beautiful children welcomed us with open arms.
Lovely breakaway :-)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Aislingmcn
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We,re just back from having celebrated our friends wedding party there. We wouldn't really be the camping types but with this place we would make an exception. The yurts are that, yurts... I mean the yurt is a big tent and some people won't like staying in tents but these are a very spacious version some with 2 double beds and couches. So I do think that would qualify as boutique camping. There are also houses so its not like you must stay in a yurt. The family that own and run the place are lovely. They grow their own food so you can't get better than that! We could not stop eating, I couldn't fault anything that I tried and although I usually don't eat lamb it was beautifully cooked and I enjoyed every bite! Our stay was short but we hope to go back for a family break sometime soon. The location is lovely, romantic but family-friendly too and there's plenty of space to enjoy. I will definitely recommend this to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank izzy22m
Reviewed July 30, 2012

stayed here with a group of friends this weekend and cannot recommend it highly enough! you really feel you are away from it all.. and the yurts are very comfortable! i would recommend anyone staying here to put sometime into lighting the central fire.. i went to one that was not lit and it was cold.. but we had the most amazing nites sleep with it on!
very mixed crowed too,that share the common kitchen and showers without hassle..

Room Tip: light the fire in your yurt before you go to bed!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DublinJamieMark
Reviewed July 25, 2012

As said above Im not a camper- But this I will be doing again shortly!! amazing experience!! A credit to the owners. The Landscape is truely beautiful and you can really see the effort put into the land to make it spectacular!! Yurt was Spotless!!! cosy and really cute!!! The communial areas are a really good idea. Got to meet other families and have a laugh. The cabin by the lake is beautiful. Stunning at night. The church is so cute- I may be dropping hints to the other half for this to be our wedding location when the time is right!!

See you all soon
The converted Camper x

Room Tip: If you want space- a yurt! If you want more intimacy- Shepards Hut. Any Room will still give you a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have enquired and stayed in a lot of places and was looking into staying in this place and rang to be answered by a very rude lady that would not give me any information on this place, they should not give out their mobile number if they do not want to be contacted after hours of business. I would say maybe enlist your opening hours on your web page as I will never go there now after the way I was spoken to.

Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank shona130383
boutiquecamping1, Owner at Boutique Camping, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for your review.
We completely understand your statement regarding after hours and as we are a family run business we have no problem with after hours - to an extent - you called us at 11.45pm.
We explained that we were in bed and asked could you call back in the morning. We then got up and sent you a text saying
'Sorry awake now. When are you looking for and for how many?'.
You replied saying
'No worries just giving you the review you deserve on trip advisor - rude rude rude!
I rang you back at 10am the next morning but to no reply.
Again - you rang us at 11.45pm
I'll let the tripadvisor readers judge for themselves

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Yurt was clean, large and spacious, had comfy bed, mirror, chairs, small storage area, wood burning stove. It could get a little cold at night when the fire went out, so bring a few extra layers to wear in bed. Toilets and showers a short walk away. Again everything was really clean, shower was electric so your guaranteed hot water.

Kitchen facilities were great, plenty of tables, picnic tables outside, bbq(bring your own coals), gas cookers, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. It was a busy wknd when we were there so the fridges were bursting at the seams…but not a big problem.

Grounds were great for kids to go exploring, loads of wide open space and wooded areas. We were lucky with the weather as the sun was shining so we made the most of place. We had a picnic up on Mount Druid and lazed in the sun.

There was a lovely little lake house which had a seats and a heater, positioned so you could look out on the water which was lit up with lights at night. There was an area there which had a fire pit which would have been very romantic if we hadn’t kids to put to bed!

Also it’s a short walk to some quaint pubs and village shop……basically all you could need on your doorstep. Recommend it for parents with kids or equally for couples to have a romantic weekend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank GalwayDuck

Been to Boutique Camping? Share your experiences!