Agriturismo Le Scuderie
B&B.it
$106
$103
$94
Locanda Sant' Ambrogio(Reggio Emilia)
$85
$82
$76
$74
Hotel Ca' Marta(Sassuolo)
$43
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went here just for their restaurant, a local told us that is was the best around. He was right! It was such a quaint experience. The owner was also the chef and him and his wife took turns serving the restaurant and being the front of house. He translated the menu into english for us. They do not have printed menus, as the menus change everyday. We all agreed this meal was the highlight of our trip. The owner was even so charming as to give me a smaller portion because I said I was not very hungry. A very thoughful couple, who really aim to please, and the food was just fantastic. They have their own bottles of wine, from the vineyards in front of the beautiful building (how cool is that?), and locally sourced ingredients are the focus of the restaurant. I had a porcini pasta dish with what I swear was a Kg of the sought after porcinis. Very reasonable prices and great portions. All in all if you are anywhere near this place, you HAVE to go! We look forward to returning and will make it a destination on our next trip, as we want to stay here and be able to enjoy the food even more!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed here while on a touring holiday. The location of this authentic building, perched on the appenine hillside is truly peaceful and welcoming. Eugenia and Francesco are excellent hosts, and the food from Eugenia's kitchen is amazing ( seemingly also much sought after by the locals). The traditional rooms are spacious and clean, and the rates reasonable. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Le Scuderie recently for 3 nights. It was the most enjoyable and relaxing part of our 2-week Switzerland-Italy vacation...absolutely delicious food, lovely location, very nice room with awesome view, gracious friendly hosts. We chose the half board option and SO glad we did, every meal was an exploration of local taste and sensation. Eugenia can hold her own against any 5 star restaurant. If I could rate her cooking higher than 5 I would! While there we visited Acetaia Sereni for a tour and tasting; Ducati, Lamborghini, and Ferrari; and hiked to Castello della Carpineti. At night there were more fireflies than I have ever seen. Le Scuderie was a good base location for all of these activities and we truly hope to return, perhaps for some motorcycle touring in the Appenines.

Room Tip: Must have car.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2011

A nice place run by very friendly people, good food, simple but comfortable rooms, small shower. Location ideal for exploring some of the interesting castles in Emilia Romagna.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This is a special place~beautiful, peaceful, welcoming~but the food is truly amazing! We had half-board and loved every minute, every coarse, every morsal of the dinners. I would come back here in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple