“Pricey but worthy”
Review of Ostaia Vegia - CLOSED

Ostaia Vegia
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: .... Everything, really everything , helps to make the difference between a party and any one to remember ... in a local ... " soulless " , and one that affects : the reception , a fresh flower on the table, the cleanliness of the room and service , good background music , a traditional dish ("... remember what my grandmother did ...") or one revisited ( " .. I had never eaten ..."), a good wine even if " home " , a good cup of coffee ...
Milan, Italy
“Pricey but worthy”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

If you want a break from seafood then you should pay this place a visit. Great house red wine and I mean it. Excellent cheese selection and the pesto is good too. I didn't have pizza but i saw a firewood oven. On the downside is the bill. This place os in the middle of nowhere but i think is worth the drive.

• Visited August 2014
Ostaia V, Proprietario at Ostaia Vegia, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thanks for your comments;
I'm sorry that you have found your bill too high; well, I do not really know how to explain that, to have a selection of cheeses, like the one that you could appreciate, I refer to small-scale producers, who ship their products by courier .. ..and all these aspects have a cost!
Also produceing its own fresh pastas, bread and desserts has a cost, sadly the labor is expensive, very expensive, everything goes to affect the cost of food.
All this products,are available in the vast industrial market,of course, offered at very competitive prices : however, let me say , our prices are not at all, far, from those of the market, it is instead the quality, completly different,and I'm really glad that it totally satisfied you! Thank you very much.

Alpnach, Switzerland
“fantastic kitchen in the mountains near to sestri levante”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The way to this restaurant was not easy to find an the parking was an improvisation, but the cooking of the chef was really fantastic. fresh bread out of the stone oven, creative menus, fresh pasta and a really good service (in English), you feel really comfortable.

Try the tourist-menu and let be surprised of the hot and cold dishes. one of the best Italian restaurants i have ever been... and way to under priced.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for your contribution; It 'a real pleasure to learn that a host, plus foreign, feels so comfortable and so completely appreciate our offer !! Thanks again for the great satisfaction you gave me!!
Miami, Florida
“wonderful ligurian food”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

i love ligurian food very much, i stayed in OstaiaVegia in Sestri Levante, Casarza Ligure, Genova for my winter holidays... the best food i ever eat in Italy. Great Miss Sara... see you soon in this Summer for my Italian summer holidays. Bye bye Italy!!!

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Cozy authentic Italian inn”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Happened to find this little place while driving around the area to find a place to eat and I'm so happy I did!
My poor knowledge of Italian/Genovese meant that I couldn't understand the choices on the menu, however, the chef Sara kindly came over and with beautiful English described the dishes of the month and did her best to suggest dishes based on our preferences.
She cooked everything fresh for us and indeed it was some of the best home made Italian cooking I've ever had the opportunity of tasting, you could tell she put her whole heart in it. We were even given freshly baked bread, some made with sage and some with chestnut flour topped with pieces walnut, so fragrant!
We had a lovely chat with her after the meal, she was extremely hospitable and sociable - what a treat!
Definitely going back as and when the opportunity arises...

• Visited August 2013
Gyor, Hungary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best quality Ligurian food!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed several dinners in Ostaia Vegia and I can honestly say if you want to taste the local specialities and get a feel for Ligurian dishes its the place to go. The daily offers are fantastic, and always made from local ingredients according to the appropiate season. The pasta are hand made, the pizza and calzone are delicious from the wood fired oven, but anything we tried from the house wines to desserts were pure joy. Simply the best food we ever had from our 3 trips to Italy. The athmosphere of the place is really friendly and the owner and head chef of the restaurant, Sara is a true inspiration for food-lovers. She speaks good english and the passion she cooks with or even just the way she speaks about her dishes is truly inspiring. She has given us very good advises on what to eat and she never disappointed us. You could say her heart and soul shows trough in everything what leaves the kitchen! I can not recommend Ostaia Vegia highly enough. We will be back as soon as possible!

• Visited August 2013