“Excellent food, great atmosphere and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pot Kiln

The Pot Kiln
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Frilsham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great atmosphere and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Pot Kiln is in the middle of no where and has a lovely outside seating area for a pre drink. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. The service and atmosphere was great.

The only recommendation I would make is book a local cab before as it was £20 to go one mile as we didn't book.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank S-2-7-N

Reading, United Kingdom
“Beautiful evening spoiled by other diners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've been to The Pot Kiln on a few occasions now and have always enjoyed the atmosphere and the beautiful surroundings. I had a bar meal there on Thursday the 29th, and was having a coffee when a restaurant customer ran behind the bar and started screaming at one of the waitresses and making derogatory remarks about Polish people, for me the evening was ruined and left the staff visibly shaken.
The Pot Kiln has always been good to me, with excellent food, good beer and most of all brilliant, friendly and honest staff.I'd recommend it to anyone, it's just a pity it had to be spoiled by this horrible outburst!

Visited August 2013
8 Thank Andrew D
Berkshire
“Good food but underwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I saw reviews of the Pot Kiln and have wanted to visit for a while based on these, so off we went for lunch on Sunday. Unfortunately we left disappointed.
The food is good but we found the atmosphere lacking and we were underwhelmed. A little music or something to help the atmosphere wouldn't go amiss for example (personal taste, I appreciate). Staff were polite and service fine, but the lunch was spoiled by the amount of wasps around! That's not necessarily something many people would be bothered about but it really did detract from what we wanted to be a relaxing Sunday lunch. The waitress was very skilled at getting rid of them, but if the pub suffers from this you would expect measures to be put in place so they minimise the amount of pests that come in to the restaurant. I do appreciate it's in the country, and if it were only 1 or two I wouldn't mention it, but they were just constant nuisances! I've never been anywhere that had such an issue with them.
Overall we paid a fair amount for an awkward experience and, although the food was cooked and presented well, we also felt it wasn't value for money based on what you can get in other places in Berkshire and the surround.
I think if we'd tried the Pizza night or something else we may be writing something different, but unfortunately our experience here wasn't great.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank WoodlePoodle
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Always a lovely meal when I am in the area and have the time to eat out. The atmosphere is lovely too. Have eaten in the restaurant about 5 or 6 times and every time the food is spectacular and especially the venison of course. Lovely staff and nice local ales.

• Visited June 2013
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Amazing food in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Have visited this restaurant several times both for lunch and dinner. The food is always excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. It is a game focussed restaurant so if visiting with vegetarians, the choice is a little limited although confirmed as very tasty. We have recently enjoyed the Sunday pizza evenings a couple of times - an excellent way to round off a weekend, especially if the sun is still shining!

• Visited August 2013