Elafonisi Resort by Kalomirakis Family
  • Beachfront
Hotel Polydoros(Palaiochora)
Hotel Glaros(Palaiochora)
TripAdvisor
Hotel on the Rocks(Palaiochora)
Aris Hotel(Palaiochora)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfresh fishelafonisi beachbig balconyolive treesstunning beachmain buildingone nightthe perfect place to staysea viewshort walkrooms are cleanfridgegrovecretestudiowifigiannis
Reviewed January 24, 2013

*This hotel was named, in our guide book, as Elafonisi Hotel. (Kalomirakis is the family name, and they have a property in Chania as well.) In the early evening, during late season (Sept 24) , we were curtly greeted by a female family member. As we checked in to the last available room I noted a towel-wrapped lady from on a nearby patio, having just finished her shower. ~SHOULD HAVE PAID ATTENTION. *Anyway, the greeter's abruptness caused us to choose a nearby competing family restaurant for dinner. *Our room in the back building, was relatively well-appointed with fridge, sink/shower, outside patio overlooking the olive groves. *Time spent in the room and on the patio listening to the coyotes howl in the moonlight, was pleasant. *The morning surprise was NO HOT WATER for either of our showers. We did report it at check out. Same female family responded that rooftop water heaters can't always provide enough. >>> Our complaint comes in what happened next: NOTHING. NO apology, NO offer to shower in another room, NO partial refund, NOR a complimentary breakfast (the second time we passed on a meal here). *Our hostess seems to mistake the beautiful location and lack of many competitors as license to offer substandard customer service. During more than 2 weeks of travel throughout Greece, this was our only unhappy encounter.

Room Tip: Lack of hot water occurred in the rear building near the olive groves.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank catdancer818
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Even if it offers a fantastic view and it is very close to the best beach in Crete you might be unlucky and you could get the worst room they have. My boyfriend and I had travelled through Crete for 20 days and we got in the Elafonisi paradise beach at the end of our vacation. We wanted to spend our last three days near the beach (unfortunately it was Aug. the 13th and celebration of Santa Maria on the 15th caused the fact that there were not so many alternatives to spend the night overthere). So the first room we found, we took it. It was the last room available in the structure but it smelled of mildew (and in fact later we found that part of the floor was completely covered by mildew: my advice for the owner is to make some reparation to the floor: tiles must be removed and base must be redone), but we decided to stay because we thought that the smell was temporary. The day after the room still smelled of mildew so we decided to leave the room and search for a new location. Last disadvantage is that air conditioning was not working well: only two options available: to be freezed in the night or to die for the hot and humidity.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank WhiteFeather75
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The place is wonderful located at 200m from Elafonissi Beach, Kalomirakis is a very warming family and they serve in their taverna very delicious dishes. Parking is free. They gave us the room number 10, this is a very small room, without TV, no wifi, but provided by condition air and fridge. The bathroom was the only negative aspect I want point out, indeed it is very tight with the shower in a open space (without its own box) next to wc so while you are having the shower the water goes everywhere and nobody else can use the bathroom since it becomes completely flooded and the evacuation of the water in the floor is not immediate and a part remains stagnating (not even a broom you can find in the room in order to clean by yourself). I needed to complaint this to the reception and they immediately came to remove the stagnating water as it is also dangerous because of the slippery floor. For 1 night was good but if I stayed more I would ask to change room. Mr Kalomirakis should have prevented me during our email exchange of this inconvenience and then up to me to decide whether book or not the room, but unfortunately I was not informed and the photos of the rooms showed in their website were very beautiful reason why I was keen to go at their place. Perhaps I will return there but surely not in the room n.10.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fabylus
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I spent five nights in this hotel with my family. The rooms are simple, as most of the hotels in Crete, but clean and comfortable. We could also prepare our breakfast because our room included a small kitchen. The rooms above the restaurant offer an amazing view to the beach. The owners are very friendly and helpful the food at the restaurant is delicious while there is a mini market at the entrance. I would recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Solresor
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and we will come back again. The owners are very friendly and the hotel, wich consists of many different little buildings, is set in a peaceufull landscape overlooking the sea and the mountains. The rooms are simple but clean and comfortable. Showers and beds are greek standard (quite hard beds and the water gets everywhere when you shower) but thats just a part of that lovely greek holiday feeling!! The big balcony and the view of the turquoise sea and the sound from the bells around the sheeps necks in the mountains made up for everything. The hotel has a taverna with nice cretan food, the wine is not the best so we stuck to beer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple