“Amazing beach”

$70.39*
and up
Elafonisi Beach Trip in Southwest Crete
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I would rate this as one of the best beaches I have seen in recent years. We got there after 5 pm having drove through an amazing route through the hills. The road is very narrow in stretches. We went down from Kissamos through the interior and came back by the coastal route watching the sunset over the Mediterranean.
The beach is very clean and the water amazingly blue and clear. Great for kids.

1  Thank Sanjay C
Write a ReviewReviews (9,902)
All reviews
in 140 reviews
"caribbean"
in 90 reviews

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The beaces in Crete are awesome. Elafonissi is no exception, but if you wanna avoid crowds and have a stunning landscape and underwater sealife don't go to the main and turistic beach but to the one a bit southern; the access is a bit tricky but all the directions are in a smartphone app called Cretan Beaches. The turquoise waters and the banks of fishes won't let you down; perfect beach for camping too.

1  Thank gegege15813
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We made two trips to Elafonissi from Maleme. The drive in itself is wonderful. The beach is huge and first impressions may mislead... You'll see rank after rank of orange sun-beds... But don't be put off...

Wade across the narrow inlet separating the island from the mainland, and either wade round the headland (it's waist deep) or follow the path through the dunes and you'll be on the very best bit of beach, with rocks to give you free shade!

Go early though! We were (literally) the first there on our second trip. We found the perfect spot and stayed til lunch-time... when we left the crowds were there in force, but we had never noticed them!

It is stunning. The sand really is pink. I know one other beach I probably prefer on Crete, but I won't tell you about that one! :-)

2  Thank trippingferret
Reviewed August 10, 2014

one of the best beaches I've ever seen - nothing else to add.
it's very convenient too as you can park your car (for free) or catch the bus easily and there is plenty of bars and tavernas all around.
it tends to get very busy - better to get to elafonisi early in the morning.
2 sunbeds+umbrella for 7 euros

See more reviews
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We heard that this was almost like in Maldiverna. We have seen postcards and it looked really nice but when we got there it was so crowded. Too much people and I did not like it at all. My husband and children liked it but I did not like all the people and the commercial so I wanted to leave. We stayed for a few hours but the crowds did not make it nice.
It is a nice beach and the water is really nice and you should go there but not in the summer but in the winter when the tourists are gone.

5  Thank patweis