“You can easily stay withou you wallet, smart phones, camera and documents in Greece”
Review of Elafonissi Beach

Elafonissi Island and Chrissoskalitissa Monastery Tour from Chania
$70.73*
Elafonisi Beach Trip in Southwest Crete
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Last week in famous Cretean beach Elaffonisi somebody broke in our rent a car and took everything from the car while we were swimming. We put staff in a car and after 10 minutes we have been stollen. They took two smart phones, two wallets with money and documents and expensive Nikon camera with three lenses. People do not go there because they stole from tourists even if you put thing in safe box. Horrible place. I will never go to Greece again.

And of cource Police in Kissamos did report about it and did nothing else.

Edited: 12:05 pm, today

9  Thank cicko92

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We spend a day at Elafonissi beach and it is true. This is a very nice beach, with a big lagoon like water that is stunningly blue. There are umbrellas and parasols for rent, but we came late and they were all gone, so we went to the attached small peninsula and sat under a tree for free. Great water, wonderful snorkeling. My wife got a nice tan, our son swam and crowned around and I followed the fish between the rocks. It was very crowded but never too much. I imagine this beach will even be better if you go late in the season (say, late September).

Reviewed July 27, 2013

one of the most beautiful places I have seen!! I was there with my friends on July 22nd 2013. we went there by car and traveled through the mountains - I've read here on some reviews that it's hard to get there from that road - well, if you have a driving experience of 3 years then you shouldn't have a problem . yes, the road is curved and narrow and at times there's no safety rail and there are no street lights, but if you drive slow (30kmph, i guess) you should be just fine. if you have a chance you can have a stop at Elos - a nice town with friendly people and very good cafes and taverns. unfortunately I don't remember the names of those taverns and cafes. anyway, there's a really beautiful view from there and it's just on the way to Elafonissi. we arrived at the beach by 5pm so it wasn't crowded and after 5pm no one will charge you if you use the sunbeds and the umbrella. the weather could be better - it was a bit cloudy and very windy but we still enjoyed our time there - don't let a windy weather change your plans. we stayed there until the sun came down at 8.30pm and drove all the way back to Chania which took us about 2 hours in the dark.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is an amazing beach and an absolute must see if you are visiting Crete. The water is very shallow (knee-high) in every direction and the sand is fine with a nice pink touch. One of the best beaches I have ever visited. Reminded me a bit of some beached in Hawaii. When we visited, the beach was a bit windy, which meant that those who tried to set up their own umbrella appeared to have some trouble. Two beach chairs and (a pre-set) umbrella rent for EUR 7. The only caveat to this place is to arrive early. At about noon this place was packed with tour buses lining up the parking lot so that not everyone was able to get chairs and umbrellas. We arrived around 10:30 am, and at that time the beach was so nice with only few people there. The other item to note before arriving here is that the cafe only accepts cash. All around, very lovely, but arrive early.

1  Thank CaliforniaGirl C
Reviewed July 24, 2013

From Chania an easy and beautiful drive across the island through the mountains. Good parking. Good beach chairs and parasols for rent (7 euro's for 2 chairs and a parasol). Beautiful beach. Good to wade through the water and visit the islands!

Super clear water. Nice snorkeling close to the rocks.
Some food and drink for sale, but bring your own just to be sure.
Bring plenty of water to drink, and sunscreen! and a small plastic shovel to build sand castles in the sand..

Can be windy!