This is a PROS VS CONS review
First let me say I had a totally amazing time here! I really don't have any complaints about my stay or the area - but if I'm going to nit pick here goes:
- SO many animals in one location it's like sea world when you walk out your bedroom door. the place has dolphins, sea lions, a sting ray, manatee (and for some cash you can swim with all of them).
- It's a great location if you plan on going to see a bunch of sights like Talum or Xcaret. It's smack in the middle. 15 minutes to the right is Playa Del Carmen and 30 minutes to the left is Akumel.
- There are a handful of cute little shops and places to eat and walk around.
-The rooms are beautiful! Marble floors, big showers, nice kitchens, jacuzzi on the patio!
- Free Internet
- If you go in offseason it's totally quiet and sooo mellow.
- If you don't mind a 5 minute walk - The Omni has amazing Mexican food and a beautiful view!!!
-The beds are uncomfortable unless you like hard beds - I'm more into the plush Heavenly beds you get at Westin. I finally got some sleep after about the 3rd night
- MOSQUITOS GALORE! Bring your OFF!
The pool is OK, but a 5 minute walk over to the Omni gives you a much nicer pool and a beach.
-NO BEACH. The beach is at the Omni and you have to pay to sit at it.
- No gym. The gym is at the Omni and you have to pay to workout in it.
- No swim up bar at the pool. Again, take your butt over to the Omni for your margaritas.
- This place is about an hour taxi drive from the airport and will cost you about $70.
- The only real night life and good shopping is in Playa Del Carmen which is 15 minutes away (and they have monkeys there - yay) but that's $16 cab ride there and a $16 cab ride back
- There are a bunch of stray cats and dogs everywhere in Mexico and if you're like me, you constantly feel bad for them and want to take everyone of them home.
Other than that - Porto Bello was great!!! They have section I, II abd are building III. I suggest building II (where we stayed). It's much closer to everything - including the sea life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Porto Bello Private Residence Club inside the beautiful gated Beach, Marina and Golf Resort of Puerto Aventuras. Porto Bello is a Flagship property of Puerto Aventuras that offers a wonderful hassle free lifestyle in Marina View home size full equipped 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Vacation Rentals available per night, week and month. Send us an email at to find out about our season rates and experience the personal services of our concierge even before you arrive. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bello Marina And Villas
- Porto Bello Marina & Villas Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Porto Bello Marina Hotel
- Porto Bello Private Residence Club Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico