We travelled to Catalonia Yucatan Beach and Spa resort on Feb 9-16/10. We were a little worried about travelling to Mexico, but after this adventure, we would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a great vacation at a very low cost. We spend most of our time down by the ocean. We entertained ourselves with some snorkelling, some sun and some drinks.... The resort was immaculate and the staff was very pleasant at all times. The food was awesome in every restaurant. The evening shows were great, if you could stay up that long to watch them. We were minutes away from the marina and did a few tours. We would recommend the Rio Secreto tour, it was amazing and possibly a once in a lifetime adventure.
We enjoyed our vacation very much and would recommend this resort to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico