My wife and I and another couple were here from Jan 30th-Feb 7th 2010
We've never been to an all in hotel. We loved it.
The more you try to speak Spanish the more fun you'll have.
Water shoes are a good idea but not a must.
Great staff! Beautiful grounds and Hotel! Close to other stuff to do outside the Resort.
Google 'The Jungle Place' if you love monkeys and you want something different and special!
The first thing would do is find out what the hotel has to offer for things to do.
The Animation team work their tail off! Starting with morning stretching, busy all day then even start the dancing in the disco.
The Disco has a great DJ that will pay it if he's got it. young or old it's a party in there!
The nightly shows in the Theater that we saw were fantastic. If your late go in anyway.
The Cat has different booze at each bar, if your looking for the higher end.
You could skip the Mexican restaurant. Rice was mushy.
For sure Check out the Japanese restaurant, the dessert spot - upstairs patio.
La Brisa Buffet - Find Victor in the evening. He's the crazy guy moving really fast bringing you more drinks than you'll need! Hard working and happy to cater!
For a quit breakfast and special coffee go to the other buffet, it opens at 7am, most of the day this side is quit.
So much more could be said, contact me if you have any questions.
Tip if you care. Bring Pesos or American money. The rate isn't that great on site.
We gave away some clothes to staff that we got to know. You have to write a dated note with your name, who its going to and what your giving. It makes room for things you may buy and it's a nice way to say thanks.
Great place for any kind of person, unless you expect perfection!
Go ahead, Book it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico