We visited this resort July 22-29, 2014. We were a bit early to check in so we had lunch and came back to get the key to our room. The rooms were nice and clean and adequate for what we needed. The elevator for our area was not in use the entire time we were there. We did find a easier way to get to our room that was on the 3rd floor. We also loved the free wifi, and found that it worked best in the lobby. The tv worked great and we had no problems with the shower or air conditioning. The room attendent Ofelia who was very nice cleaned our room daily and I appreciated the clean towels they were nice and big. We did not have a fridge in our room but we found we didn't really miss having one. We had a safe in our room and there was a charge of 3.00/day. The safe worked fine for us. We enjoyed the food all week at the buffet which was a very nice dining room and it was air conditioned. The hostess who greeted us was Tania and our family really enjoyed her greeting us each evening and seating us at our table each night. Tania is a great asset to this hotel she is just lovely. We enjoyed all our meals here every night and I must mention Lucas, Raul, and Allan, they were excellent servers who always greeted us with a smile and always looked after our drinks as well. We also visited one alacart which was the steak house and we enjoyed this restaurant, you could get steak but also a number of other variety of choices as well. Our service was perfect and the server I must mention is Abraham, very friendly and always looked after every detail of our meal there. My daughter and niece ages 18 and 22 loved the pool at the catalonia riviera side where the entertainment took place. My husband and I enjoyed the beach to the far left of the resort. The front of this resorts beach is quite rocky and I would suggest water shoes. However to the left it is nice and sandy and we were able to swim over there, and there are lots of fish to be found there too quite fun snorkling. There is not a long beach here, but my husband and I enjoyed a walk on the board walk each night, we really enjoyed the fact that this resort is very close to the ocean, it was just lovely. The beach towls were great you could exchange them whenever you needed and Bernardo was very friendly every day he greeted us and whenever we went by the towel hut always called out a greeting. My daughter and niece wanted to mention Javier who was at the Catalonia Riviera pool, always social and friendly. The entertainment in the evening was ok, it is a quiet resort for my niece and daughter who were looking for more action, as for my husband and I we enjoyed a early night as we were tired from the activity throughout the day. Check out was quite easy, however I only have one complaint, the resort asked to have the safe paid in Canadian currency, so we did and the safe was 21.00. However when my husband paid the fee the desk person Gabriella, was quite rude that they did not except our coin. I understand that but they asked specifically for Canadian. We always bring US currency with us and so she was quite rude and said some very impolite things to my husband and I. So They want Canadian but not our coined dollar which is the loonie, I am not sure what other dollar she expected us to have. This is our fourth time in Mexico and we always carry US currency with us. Otherwise everything here at this resort was great. I would recommend this resort, however I would suggest this resort figure out what currency they would like their fee of the safe paid in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico