We came for the price, that's what got us to Mexico instead of Med as we had a specific budget this year. Hotel rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. I tv didn't work great but we hardly watched it so was not concerned. No kettle in standard room but we took are own. No fridge but again not concerned. This hotel has sister one next door and they kind of merge together. There are 4 free speciality restaurants, 1 chargeable and 2 buffet ones you can use. For us the Japanese and steak ones were the best. You get a go at each speciality one once/wk. each hotel has a pool bar that's also main outside bar. Plastic glasses all the time is annoying! Range of cocktails but all mainly syrup based but hey still good! Beer is fine and wine is better in main restaurants than buffet ones. The service is a bit slow in buffet ones as they have to get all but wine from the one bar! There's also a sports bar in evenings but its a bit echoey/sterile and a nightclub that we heard was great but never went in. The bar above buffet restaurants is nicest but small. There is also a crepe place that makes a change for lunch or dinner. The chill out bar on the beach is nice but you have to pay extra for. Should be for all in my opinion as hotel lacks such a bar! Pool is nice, all shallow and plenty of ledges to sit. Beach is full of sun beds and have to walk over coral to get into but a bit rough at times! Round by the other hotel there is a calm inlet that's nice. The marina is a short walk up the road and you can do sea excursions from such as fat cat...all good fun! This is a great value 3* and as such has clientele looking for cheaper hols. Many we're from other Latin American countries or groups from US/ Canada. A fair few families with little ones so don't come here for a total chill out. We did relax here though and that was the aim! Saw the sites and Xla Ha, there are lots of great trips you can do so bring credit card!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico